• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1939 NEWSSTAND PIC TIME MACHINE JOURNEY INTO THE PAST
18 18

2,410 posts in this topic

and finally, a small newsstand... now that I look at this again, i think there may be a few comics tucked into the bottom row of books (maybe Fight Comics and Jungle Comics?)

smallstand.jpg

anyone seen this pic yet? it has pulps & comics.

"little girl & her dog in newstand" by Charles Harris. i believe this was taken in Pittsburgh since the photographer worked for the Pittsburgh Courier.

girldog.jpg

next photo, date 1939

wideselection.jpg

Well, there is something that says "Action" (and then perhaps Comics below it) right smack dab in the middle of the photo.

Action Stories, its a pulp.

You can increase the magnification on your screen by using CTRL and + at the same time. Decrease using -

next photo, date 1939

wideselection.jpg

Well, there is something that says "Action" (and then perhaps Comics below it) right smack dab in the middle of the photo.

You can increase the magnification on your screen by using CTRL and + at the same time. Decrease using -

I see a Funny Picture Stories upper left, mmmmmmn Centaur :cloud9:

"little girl & her dog in newstand" by Charles Harris. i believe this was taken in Pittsburgh since the photographer worked for the Pittsburgh Courier.

girldog.jpg

I believe this was shown before but can't be sure.

Second shelf from the floor on the back, second or third comics from the left is this Raggedy Ann & Andy, issue # 10 -

93143.jpg.9a1053edc1c999db594c88c088447523.jpg

next photo, date 1939

wideselection.jpg

I see a Funny Picture Stories upper left, mmmmmmn Centaur :cloud9:

And a Keen Detective Funnies.

girldog.jpg

I believe this was shown before but can't be sure.

Second shelf from the floor on the back, second or third comics from the left is this Raggedy Ann & Andy, issue # 10 -

that's a good spot scrooge.

i think i see on the bottom row:

superman 45, thrilling 59, true comics 54, terry & the pirates 3...wonder 11, zoot 6

second row:

police 65, patches 7, raggedy ann & andy 10, real life 38, rusty 12, patsy walker 10, picture stories from american history 3, super magician 56, sensation 64, real screen comics 11, star spangled 67, shadow 72

from early 1947. i haven't figured out what the girl is reading though. anyone recognize the other comics?

j

wouldn't it have been a wonderful time to live back then... I know some of our boardies like Ponseti and such were dropping their dimes back in the 40's...but for us younger folks, we can only dream what it was like lol

wouldn't it have been a wonderful time to live back then... I know some of our boardies like Ponseti and such were dropping their dimes back in the 40's...but for us younger folks, we can only dream what it was like lol
:whee:

anybody see this ebay photo item?

Old Photo-Women/magazine rack 1941

anyone here win it?

if not, maybe we could email the winner and ask him for a higher res scan of the pic.

I see an Action #39, what are some of the rest?

Looks like it's on a comic rack. I think there's an Action Comics placard in front of the #39.

Pep #18 is also pictured.

Real funny Pops

I dont know is it was already posted, but it'great:

www.detective27.com\comicsonsteps.htm

I believe that is nearmint's site (thumbs u

We have a picture here at work taken back in the 40's. It's a shot of what was at that time our gift shop (I work in a hospital) In the photo, there can be clearly seen a copy of Flash comics and maybe a couple other books.

I'm not sure how I would even go about getting a copy to post here. :(

I dont know is it was already posted, but it'great:

www.detective27.com\comicsonsteps.htm

I believe that is nearmint's site (thumbs u

And nearmint needs to update it very soon. Lots of good pics in this thread that I haven't posted on my site yet.