• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1939 NEWSSTAND PIC TIME MACHINE JOURNEY INTO THE PAST
18 18

2,410 posts in this topic

From the same tumblr

tumblr_m9rrxzxkNF1rnvulyo1_1280.jpg

Press Photo (Jan13th1981)

“Terry Davis, 25, Thumbs Through Comics. Davis has been collecting Comic Books for seven years.”

tumblr_m7mbdtRUFG1rnvulyo1_1280.jpg

Boston MA (1979)

Press Photo

“Brian Hanley 9 of Holliston Looks Over Some Comic Books Being Sold By Spiderman (Kevin Miller Of East Weymouth) During A Show Entitled Newcom II. The Show Which Featured Comic Books Baseball Cards And Movie Items Was Held At The Sheraton Boston.”

From the same tumblr

“Terry Davis, 25, Thumbs Through Comics. Davis has been collecting Comic Books for seven years.”

nice Christopher Reeves Supe on the wall :)

Boston MA (1979)

Press Photo

“Brian Hanley 9 of Holliston Looks Over Some Comic Books Being Sold By Spiderman (Kevin Miller Of East Weymouth) During A Show Entitled Newcom II. The Show Which Featured Comic Books Baseball Cards And Movie Items Was Held At The Sheraton Boston.”

very cool. Vintage 70s photo

Boston MA (1979)

Press Photo

The guy with the glasses and beard looks like Ron Krensky, and the curly haired guy looks like Ron Oser, both the owners of Comic Investments in Philly(long gone, and Krensky died in the mid eighties).

Boston MA (1979)

Press Photo

I think dealers should be required to dress up at all cons, combining cosplay with comics. :kidaround:

From the same tumblr

I'd like to see what's in that glass case at the counter.

Boston MA (1979)

Press Photo

The guy with the glasses and beard looks like Ron Krensky, and the curly haired guy looks like Ron Oser, both the owners of Comic Investments in Philly(long gone, and Krensky died in the mid eighties).

I bought a couple of books at that store. I recall going there when Seuling had moved his July 4th extravaganza to Philly for a year or two. At one of those shows someone had created Vaughn Bode's Cheech Wizard's mobile. Ring a bell with anyone, or am I mis-remembering?

whats a good asking price for Captain America 100 CGC 8.0????????

That's actually a Silver Age book, so you may want to ask in that forum. $300 or so seems to be what they are selling for.

Boston MA (1979)

Press Photo

this is the gold forum, but I just noticed a run of Marvel keys on second row on the rack that Spidey is selling :) --from left to right: FF4, FF5, FF9, FF8, FF14, ASM 2 and 8, Strange Tales 101 and ?, Hulk 3...and the row under that has a run of JIMs starting with 83 followed by TTA 35 and a few iron man TOS's.

And does it appear the kid has iPhone ear buds in his left ear? lol

Boston MA (1979)

Press Photo

this is the gold forum, but I just noticed a run of Marvel keys on second row on the rack that Spidey is selling :) --from left to right: FF4, FF5, FF9, FF8, FF14, ASM 2 and 8, Strange Tales 101 and ?, Hulk 3...and the row under that has a run of JIMs starting with 83 followed by TTA 35 and a few iron man TOS's.

That would be an old time hearing aid in the days before miniturization. I hadn't noticed that but it probably went to a battery pack you had to wear around your belt. Not exactly a comfortable arrangement. Some of the kid's on my son's soccer teams have hearing aids that are self contained and much less obvious.

We have come a long way. Hats off to those in the medical community who keep pushing the improvements.

Boston MA (1979)

Press Photo

That would be an old time hearing aid in the days before miniturization. I hadn't noticed that but it probably went to a battery pack you had to wear around your belt. Not exactly a comfortable arrangement. Some of the kid's on my son's soccer teams have hearing aids that are self contained and much less obvious.

We have come a long way. Hats off to those in the medical community who keep pushing the improvements.

Yeah I noticed the hearing aids myself as well - and they look like the ones I saw and occasionally wore growing up. They always got in the way, either with a belt clip or a chest harness.

The new ones are much smaller thankfully. And digital as well!

Boston MA (1979)

Press Photo

Yeah I noticed the hearing aids myself as well - and they look like the ones I saw and occasionally wore growing up. They always got in the way, either with a belt clip or a chest harness.

The new ones are much smaller thankfully. And digital as well!

ah thanks for that info :)