• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
12 12

40,446 posts in this topic

Ok. You guys finally won. My friend had all the trades (well minus 8) and let me borrow them sunday afternoon. By monday afternoon, I picked up the number 8 from Barnes and Noble, read it and sold that to him.

Gotta say, well written series. Thank god the whole thing isnt JUST about zombies. Kirkman is a damn good writer, and I have enjoyed the series. Now I just wait for the next trade. I wont buy the single issue, but I will read the trades. Definately worth reading.

Edited by The Resurrection

Ok. You guys finally won. My friend had all the trades (well minus 8) and let me borrow them sunday afternoon. By monday afternoon, I picked up the number 8 from Barnes and Noble, read it and sold that to him.

Gotta say, well written series. Thank god the whole thing isnt JUST about zombies. Kirkman is a damn good writer, and I have enjoyed the series. Now I just wait for the next trade. I wont buy the single issue, but I will read the trades. Definately worth reading.

Sweet, glad you enjoyed it!! ^^

Sweet, glad you enjoyed it!! ^^

Definately enjoyed it. Thats book #2 I read because of these boards.

Same here, I only recently read the series and love it. I seen plenty of rave reviews, but was hesitant to get into an ongoing series 50 issues into it...

but, SDCC and its multiple booths with 50% off trades, I pieced together a vol1-8 and ended up staying up all night reading it.

:applause:

Same here, I only recently read the series and love it. I seen plenty of rave reviews, but was hesitant to get into an ongoing series 50 issues into it...

but, SDCC and its multiple booths with 50% off trades, I pieced together a vol1-8 and ended up staying up all night reading it.

:applause:

Awesome! :applause:

Try Y: The last man :gossip:
Seconded! :headbang:

Bringing all the traes to read on my flight sunday. So by the time I return from my honeymoon I will have read the whole series. Guy who has the walking dead trades, has the Y the last man.

Should be a short marriage. doh!

Try Y: The last man :gossip:
Seconded! :headbang:

Bringing all the traes to read on my flight sunday. So by the time I return from my honeymoon I will have read the whole series. Guy who has the walking dead trades, has the Y the last man.

Should be a short marriage. doh!

(shrug) 4 hour plane ride, pregnant wife who goes to bed early.

hm Well this is odd......

We haven't actually gotten issue #51 yet, but this appears to be a 5-page preview for TWD #52 (shrug)

http://www.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/arts/WalkingDead52.pdf

It sure is disappointing that the cover for #56 was solicited before #51 comes out, and now this - a huge part of what makes the book so good is the suspense. The cliffhanger from #50 was killed. :sorry:

hm Well this is odd......

We haven't actually gotten issue #51 yet, but this appears to be a 5-page preview for TWD #52 (shrug)

http://www.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/arts/WalkingDead52.pdf

It sure is disappointing that the cover for #56 was solicited before #51 comes out, and now this - a huge part of what makes the book so good is the suspense. The cliffhanger from #50 was killed. :sorry:

And that's why I won't be clicking on the link until after I read 51. (thumbs u