• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
12 12

40,446 posts in this topic

My review's up here .

So is Rick losing it or what? Was there ever anyone on the phone?

Well, we're getting into MAJOR SPOILER territory here

No, no one was ever on the phone......Rick is a bit disturbed these days ;)

I picked up #51 yesterday, but haven't read it since I missed #50. Check out what I came across while searching online for a #50 variant:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Walking-Dead-50-Variant-Cover-Erik-Larsen-Image-Comics_W0QQitemZ320282887403QQihZ011QQcategoryZ99955QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

Am I the only one who proclaims a gigantic WTF?! at that one? I can choose BIN on a couple of listings of the same comic for $10 - $15. Does this joker actually expect this to fetch such an amount as $98?

Maybe he's from the future, came back in time to list the comic on Ebay, but he overshot his destination time by a few years! Which brings up a question: Does anyone see this milestone issue eventually reaching that sort of price?

Wow, that auction is nuts, and that guy has no chance of getting his price. As far as the book eventually being worth that, only time will tell (I kind of doubt it though.....maybe for a CGC 9.8 copy). If it was left alone as a 1:100 variant like it was originally supposed to be, the chance of that price being the norm is a lot more realistic.

#51 was, for me, the best issue of the series so far. The "reveal" splash page gave me the chills. More than the obvious zombie violence/horror or the cruelty of man to his fellow man of previous issues. Kirkman keeps topping himself.

I picked up #51 yesterday, but haven't read it since I missed #50. Check out what I came across while searching online for a #50 variant:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Walking-Dead-50-Vari...Q2em118Q2el1247

Am I the only one who proclaims a gigantic WTF?! at that one? I can choose BIN on a couple of listings of the same comic for $10 - $15. Does this joker actually expect this to fetch such an amount as $98?

Maybe he's from the future, came back in time to list the comic on Ebay, but he overshot his destination time by a few years! Which brings up a question: Does anyone see this milestone issue eventually reaching that sort of price?

No way will he get that price (or shouldn't!). The cover is awful. I couldn't even force myself to pay $30 for it locally. The only way he'd ever get that is if a movie was coming out and someone pimped it as the 1:100 variant. Pat

Originally Posted By: Lebowski
I picked up #51 yesterday, but haven't read it since I missed #50. Check out what I came across while searching online for a #50 variant:<br /><br /><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/Walking-Dead-50-Variant-Cover-Erik-Larsen-Image-Comics_W0QQitemZ320282887403QQihZ011QQcategoryZ99955QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.com/Walking-Dead-50-Vari...Q2em118Q2el1247</a><br /><br />Am I the only one who proclaims a gigantic WTF?! at that one? I can choose BIN on a couple of listings of the same comic for $10 - $15. Does this joker actually expect this to fetch such an amount as $98?<br /><br />Maybe he's from the future, came back in time to list the comic on Ebay, but he overshot his destination time by a few years! Which brings up a question: Does anyone see this milestone issue eventually reaching that sort of price?

No way will he get that price (or shouldn't!). The cover is awful. I couldn't even force myself to pay $30 for it locally. The only way he'd ever get that is if a movie was coming out and someone pimped it as the 1:100 variant.

Pat

$30!?!?!?!!? i bought it for $7 from so cal comics in san diego.

#51 was, for me, the best issue of the series so far. The "reveal" splash page gave me the chills. More than the obvious zombie violence/horror or the cruelty of man to his fellow man of previous issues. Kirkman keeps topping himself.

Ditto here, chills and goosebumps :headbang:

You can have the cover for 5K :baiting:

After reading this thread I picked up this month's issue and gave it a read. It was good read but not sold as of yet....

Maybe try starting off at the beginning? I think they sell this book in TPB.......

After reading this thread I picked up this month's issue and gave it a read. It was good read but not sold as of yet....

Maybe try starting off at the beginning? I think they sell this book in TPB.......

^^

Definitely pick up the TPB's and start from the beginning. By the time you finish volume one, you'll be chomping at the bit for more Walking Dead. Guaranteed!

(thumbs u

You definitely need to read from issue 1. It was very strong up through the first 36 issues. The best block of comics I've ever read. And I also have no preexisting affinity towards the zombie genre. Quite frankly they freak me out and I can't watch movies with them after watching the original NOTLD when I was too young. They are the only ongoing subject I have multiple nightmares of. But my curiosity about the book and the fact my roommate at college last year had the first 3 traded lead me to pick it up.