• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,447 posts in this topic

I'll go $4K, which is still a 50% discount vs. buying from Tony lol

The seller is new, but from the description and pics is almost certainly legit. It doesn't look like the damage affects the art at all, which is all that usually matters on OA.

I guarantee the page sells off eBay long before it concludes...but not to me unfortunately.

I know the min the seller wants and its :screwy: or so I have heard.

Do not get me wrong I would love to have this page in my collection but not for an arm or a leg. I got my page from issue 1 for a lot less(Nov 2011) and it is the first time Rick kills a zombie (on purpose). This page for sale is the first splash but it has no action and no zombies.

These facts and the damage (even not a huge issue) should put the book in the 3-4 K and the only reason it goes for that is due to the hype currently for WD. But only the market will tell..and that is 9 days away lol

rantrant:headbang:

Has anyone heard any additional information about when Daryl Dixon is going to make his first appearance? The crossbow cover was solicited as the cover to issue 102. I'm still not convinced that Kirkman won't spring an earlier first appearance of Daryl. Any information or reasoned argument is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Has anyone heard any additional information about when Daryl Dixon is going to make his first appearance? The crossbow cover was solicited as the cover to issue 102. I'm still not convinced that Kirkman won't spring an earlier first appearance of Daryl. Any information or reasoned argument is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Issue 123 (thumbs u

Issue 123 (thumbs u

lol I think that's the first appearance of Ronald McDonald. It's part of Kirkman's new marketing deal. Expect Happy Meal toys soon :grin:

Issue 123 (thumbs u

lol I think that's the first appearance of Ronald McDonald. It's part of Kirkman's new marketing deal. Expect Happy Meal toys soon :grin:

I think the Walking Dead could be a monster of a children's cartoon as long as it keeps the spirit of the comic and TV show and incorporates some cartoon violence that is edgy but not substantially violent to the point where it would keep parents from allowing their kids to watch it. I think we've actually talked about this before when we were discussing the validity of comparisons to TMNT

It's been mentioned from time to time in the Walking Dead discussion threads that we should try and get a CGC Board Walking Dead Variant. I think now is the perfect time for such a variant because of the Something to Fear story arc and the monumental 100th issue. Obviously Larry's Comics and others who hold large convention often produce regional variants for the Walking Dead. I imagine that a number of board members have been involved in the production of those regional variant covers and would be capable of getting such a variant produced or willing to share the information necessary to produce such a variant. It would be great if one of those individuals would offer to take the lead on getting this done and/or share the informaiton necessary to get this done. I'm happy to assist in any way I can and would be willing to contact a couple image artists that I talk to via email and see if they would like to draw a cover. I cross posted a comparable message in the "Heating up on Ebay" thread because that thread may well be renamed Walking Dead comics heating up on Ebay" and if done right this variant will be a smash hit and command a signidicant price on ebay. Please PM me if you are interested in getting this done and if I receive more than 20 PMs I will start a seperate thread on this topic to share ideas and see if we can actually get this done. Thank you in advance for your consideration.

And why would image grant a few CGC boardies a variant on their hottest commodity!

Hopefully because they do it for regional comic conventions and the CGC discussion threads drive their sales more than any convention ever has or will. You never know until you try. I would also hope that CGC would offer to help facilitate the creation of such a comic and provide incentives, discounts, etc. for CGCing and or CGC SS books as well. It's a great marketing tool for CGC. Kirkman has always been good to his fans and some of the best fans of his book are on these boards on a weekly basis discussing his work and Adlard's work and promoting sales and readership. Do you think they would be opposed to such a comic? If so, why?

The vast majority of what you just said simply is not true or wouldn't happen. This was attempted long before the current hype. I'm always a big fan of trying but the question remains. Why would Image do it? There has to be an incentive for them.

The vast majority of what you just said simply is not true or wouldn't happen. This was attempted long before the current hype. I'm always a big fan of trying but the question remains. Why would Image do it? There has to be an incentive for them.

One of the variants could be a blank cover and I'm confident that everyone of those suckers will end up being commissioned art for Charlie Adlard also there will be signature fees since we are all compulsive about getting signatures on the books and all anyone here wants to do is pay for the book. That being said, that stuff is all nominal fees - I imagine that creators and their creator owned corporation of which Kirkman is a partner will be excited that his fans are so fanatical about their love for his work that they want to do something like this. It doesn't hurt to ask and I talk to an artist at image regularly via email and I'll see what he thinks are chances are of getting something like this done. He's a great person and one of their up and coming stars. His style also lends itself to a project like this. If I could convince him to do the variant cover; I think that it and of itself would be a big obstacle that to getting the publisher onboard. Do you have any idea of what sort of incentive you suspect would be sufficient to secure the agreement of the publisher?

Do you have any idea of what sort of incentive you suspect would be sufficient to secure the agreement of the publisher?

Money would be my best guess

Which Skybound can do. They seem to have complete control from what I saw at ImageExpo. Why would they give any part of that to a 3rd party now?

My point being that we may be able to do this in conjunction with a convention ... Issue 102 the Daryl cross bow cover is released earlier that month and it's obviously a big issue. So if we could guarantee sales of X amount, plus what ever they sell at the convention that may be a way to get around this concern. I'm obviously concerned about doing this in conjunction with a con becuase it defeats the exclusivity of the issue to some extent unless we could get a seperate print run or some other premium variant of a variant comparable to the WD 94 black and white. My point is that we'll never know unless we try. The best minds in comics read this board and most of the biggest walking dead comic fans participate in this board and all serious collectors use CGC. It would make sense to reward the CGC board members from an economic standpoint and a moral standpoint. I hope that interest in this idea grows and that those who want one express interest now so that we can get an idea of who is interested in working on the project, picking up issues, how many issues people want, what ideas people have, etc. and that everyone does this with some haste.

Dude, it has been done fairly recently with #85 with a single Comic Book Shop getting permission to wrap-around a special variant cover to celebrate their stores anniversary.

We do not need to rally behind you to make this happen. Some of us understand what would be needed to get this off the ground and it may or may not start with someone fronting the money to print about 2000 copies on top of paying an artist to do the OA for the variant.

Are you fronting 5 figures to get this off the ground? If not quit with the spam.

I mean hell why not go full person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point, who wants to take up a collection to help Showtime move Chew past pre-production as a show? I figure we only need about $5 Million for them to move it into production and for them not to give a damn if it bombs as a show 6 episodes or so in.......