• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
12 12

40,446 posts in this topic

I just picked this up the other day. I've been keeping an out for the signed hardcovers and came across it. First one I have seen. Anybody know the story behind it? It says "advance readers edition" on the cover. It's softcover and 308 pages...some 15-or so pages shorter than the hardcover.

562692_2729061757525_1586645207_31930938_2094370326_n.jpg

Anyone read this yet? How is it? How relevant is it to the series?

WD newbie here...how can you tell a second print from a first? Does it just say second print inside the cover or is there something on the cover that gives it away? Not talking about the weekly...I see some ebay listings for second prints and the pictures look the same to me. Thanks in advance.

I'm not aware of a WD 1 second print. There are WD Weeklys which are in my mind second prints. There was a WD special cover that was a 2nd print of sorts. There are WD 1 image firsts (and there are 3 printing dates on those books). If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

I think the Walking Dead Fan Club has an index of all the comics. The easiest way to tell if a book is a second print is to look at the UPC Code there's a 2 on there were there is a 1 on the first prints. The shop owner will be able to point it out to you on any book. It's uniform on all modern books. I can't really explain it without looking at though.

I just picked this up the other day. I've been keeping an out for the signed hardcovers and came across it. First one I have seen. Anybody know the story behind it? It says "advance readers edition" on the cover. It's softcover and 308 pages...some 15-or so pages shorter than the hardcover.

562692_2729061757525_1586645207_31930938_2094370326_n.jpg

Anyone read this yet? How is it? How relevant is it to the series?

I liked it. It's brisk, you can finish it in a couple afternoons. It paints a very good picture of what happened in Atlanta before Rick and Company get started. There are a couple of direct tie-ins to early issues in the scenery, and at least one pretty major twist. It's worth a read IMO.

WD newbie here...how can you tell a second print from a first? Does it just say second print inside the cover or is there something on the cover that gives it away? Not talking about the weekly...I see some ebay listings for second prints and the pictures look the same to me. Thanks in advance.

#2 has NOV beside the issue # on the 1st print and FEB for the 2nd print

#7,8 you can only tell 1st from 2nd by checking the inside cover

33,34 are different colours for 1st and 2nd's

50 has a different cover

That same group is seen, I believe, at the end of issue 75? Right after Rick kills Jessie's husband, the shot is heard by zombies and then this bandit group is seen hearing the shot. It's definitely the same group..

And as for Davidson, maybe he'll get brought up in this new arc. If not, it was pretty lame of Kirkman to hype up:

"Not after what he made us do!" - Paul Monroe.

There should be a connection at some point. But I do remember a panel showing a headstone labeled "Davidson" somewhere in the 70s.

I was just reading this story last night. Douglas makes it clear that he burned a walker and passed it off as Davidson's corpse, so that's who would be buried under the 'Davidson' tombstone.

I'd assume there's a pretty decent chance he's alive and will pop up in the story at some point.

That same group is seen, I believe, at the end of issue 75? Right after Rick kills Jessie's husband, the shot is heard by zombies and then this bandit group is seen hearing the shot. It's definitely the same group..

And as for Davidson, maybe he'll get brought up in this new arc. If not, it was pretty lame of Kirkman to hype up:

"Not after what he made us do!" - Paul Monroe.

There should be a connection at some point. But I do remember a panel showing a headstone labeled "Davidson" somewhere in the 70s.

I was just reading this story last night. Douglas makes it clear that he burned a walker and passed it off as Davidson's corpse, so that's who would be buried under the 'Davidson' tombstone.

I'd assume there's a pretty decent chance he's alive and will pop up in the story at some point.

I hope so - it would be pretty cool. It's a two year long story-thread, about time to get some closure :).

You all probably know by now that Lauren Cohen and Steven Yeun will be at C2E2. I will do my best to get 2 tickets so a CAW can witness the books.

I have the opportunity to pick up issues 37-41, 71, 75, 76, 78, 87-90. Say all of these are 9.4+. Which books should I have signed and graded if they limit signings to 4 books?