• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
12 12

40,446 posts in this topic

And in an attempt to get things even more back on topic, how 'bout this Davidson guy? :)

Is he wandering around, or anybody think he might not be a real person (alternate personality of Douglas)?

That same group is seen, I believe, at the end of issue 75? Right after Rick kills Jessie's husband, the shot is heard by zombies and then this bandit group is seen hearing the shot. It's definitely the same group..

And as for Davidson, maybe he'll get brought up in this new arc. If not, it was pretty lame of Kirkman to hype up:

"Not after what he made us do!" - Paul Monroe.

There should be a connection at some point. But I do remember a panel showing a headstone labeled "Davidson" somewhere in the 70s.

Edited by Phillip

That same group is seen, I believe, at the end of issue 75? Right after Rick kills Jessie's husband, the shot is heard by zombies and then this bandit group is seen hearing the shot. It's definitely the same group..

That doesn't happen in issue 75, it happens in 77. Here's the group you are referring to from 77 - it's the same as the one in 78, but very different from the group in 75.

wd7724.jpg

Still a ZERO feedback seller scares the bejeebus out of me...and "because of the nature of this item all sales are final" is a making my spidey-sense tingle.

Pay with Paypal using a credit card. Paypal should cover you, as they almost always side with the buyer. If that doesn't work out, your credit card company should have your back.

Actually, your credit card co. won't. Little know fact, but if you pay through any third party payment provider (like Paypal) they are not obliged to cover you if things go wrong. Paypal are though.

OK, now I'm confused...

Who is on my cover to 102...?!?

Nobody knows yet. It's rumored to be Daryl (or some version based on the crossbow), but it's only a rumor thus far. (With that said, I do think it's Daryl, especially with this cover looking to show Merle http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=878321&GSub=116289 )

Edited by pkveronese

I just picked this up the other day. I've been keeping an out for the signed hardcovers and came across it. First one I have seen. Anybody know the story behind it? It says "advance readers edition" on the cover. It's softcover and 308 pages...some 15-or so pages shorter than the hardcover.

562692_2729061757525_1586645207_31930938_2094370326_n.jpg

I just picked this up the other day. I've been keeping an out for the signed hardcovers and came across it. First one I have seen. Anybody know the story behind it? It says "advance readers edition" on the cover. It's softcover and 308 pages...some 15-or so pages shorter than the hardcover.

ARCs are sent out to reviewers of the book and a few other people. Very cool find.

562692_2729061757525_1586645207_31930938_2094370326_n.jpg

They gave them to the people in line for Kirkman's autograph at SDCC last summer. It was only during one particular signing, and you had to have a ticket to get in line. Luckily I was there at the right time. I don't know how many were handed out, but I'd guess about a 100 or so.

OK, now I'm confused...

Nobody knows yet. It's rumored to be Daryl (or some version based on the crossbow), but it's only a rumor thus far. (With that said, I do think it's Daryl, especially with this cover looking to show Merle http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=878321&GSub=116289 )

I hope this is all just speculation. I know some of you are foaming at the mouth to own Daryl's 1st appearance, but Daryl & Merle should NEVER appear in the comic. 2c

I really like Daryl on the show, but he would be different in the comic. I like how he was forced to join the group on the TV show and then slowly started changing to truly be a part of the group.

I like it being separate. If they appear, and Adlard draws them like the actors the wall of separation will crash down. lol

I think they will appear, but as completely different characters personality wise. More like "what if Daryl and Merle never found Rick's posse." The characters on the covers of 97 and 98 look to be wearing similar necklaces (weird anal retentive detail). This version of Merle and Daryl could be completely insane, horrible people.

Keep in mind at this point Rick doesn't mess around, of the Dixons do appear and Merle acts like he does in the show, expect Rick to decapitate him promptly.

I could totally see Merle and Daryl getting killed by Rick/Abraham/Andrea at this point in their evolution.

OK, now I'm confused...

I hope this is all just speculation. I know some of you are foaming at the mouth to own Daryl's 1st appearance, but Daryl & Merle should NEVER appear in the comic. 2c

I really like Daryl on the show, but he would be different in the comic. I like how he was forced to join the group on the TV show and then slowly started changing to truly be a part of the group.

I like it being separate. If they appear, and Adlard draws them like the actors the wall of separation will crash down. lol

Finally!! If the show comes together with the comic that will be a big mistake!

It seems the people who bought these mystery character covers are Behind the hype machine. :roflmao:

Finally!! If the show comes together with the comic that will be a big mistake!

It seems the people who bought these mystery character covers are Behind the hype machine.

I've got two of the upcoming covers, but I don't necessarily think *this* Merle or Daryl will share much more in common with the tv show other than a name. At the end of the day, they are still some of the nicer covers to come around in a while - if the story is about "Chad the Chainsaw Man" who gets offed by Rick on page one of issue 97, I'm still happy.

Edited by pkveronese