• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
12 12

40,446 posts in this topic

Did WD 95 Sell out?

They only had one copy at my store and I usually have a stack to flip through.

My primary local store was sold out but thankfully put a nice copy back for me without me asking them to. I still refuse to start a file with any store yet they always pull stuff they think I might like or want. :)

I won't sell Walking Dead 94 Color variants at $15 each, but if anyone wants them at $30 shipped I have 8 left. I will be making a whole $3 off each one at this price.

Or they could buy it online for $15. :baiting:

I love his art. Team Adlard here too. Getting my first WD OA soon :wishluck:

90% of the time his art is perfect for the story and the atmosphere that the story wishes to create.

Sometimes though, it is difficult to determine exactly what is happening in a particular panel or page, or to determine who is talking, or what sex the character is that's talking, etc.

It's in those moments that frustration leaks all over my enjoyment and pulls me out of the narrative.

Went to three shops today, and they still had plenty of 95. Also saw plenty of 94. Looked for older issues as they seem to be pulling a decent premium and found some in ok condition, so I passed. Did pick up the 85 variant in solid NM. The art doesn't bug me. This isn't the common superhero book, so I don't expect the same art. The art can be loose, as long as it tells the emotion and story, and i think it does that effectively.

Cool, grab me 3 copies of 94 :grin:

Did WD 95 Sell out?

They only had one copy at my store and I usually have a stack to flip through.

My primary local store was sold out but thankfully put a nice copy back for me without me asking them to. I still refuse to start a file with any store yet they always pull stuff they think I might like or want. :)

I won't sell Walking Dead 94 Color variants at $15 each, but if anyone wants them at $30 shipped I have 8 left. I will be making a whole $3 off each one at this price.

Or they could buy it online for $15. :baiting:

I never saw anyone point out a place selling them for $15, can you point this out to us?????

As long as it keeps the book on time, I'm fine with a more minimalist style. I like it though - it contributes to the atmosphere of the book.

I don't mind it either, but I do admit that it is starting to get more blocky / sketchy lately.

I'd say to let Rathburn do the inking, as I believe he is one of the best inkers in the business, but I'm thinking the pencils by Adlard on this are very loose and the main work is done with the inks anyway.

Just saw a 9.9 #1 on Ebay tonight.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walking-Dead-1-CGC-9-9-MINT-White-10-2003-Image-Kirkman-Moore-Highest-Graded-/280855359159?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item416448aeb7

You can aslo see another at ECC this weekend at Cloud 9 Comics, booth 916. Cloud 9 told me that he was asking 5k for his. :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walking-Dead-1-CGC-9-9-MINT-White-10-2003-Image-Kirkman-Moore-Highest-Graded-/280855359159?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item416448aeb7

You can aslo see another at ECC this weekend at Cloud 9 Comics, booth 916. Cloud 9 told me that he was asking 5k for his. :)

I wonder if the 9.9s were pressed or otherwise restored (for lack of a better term)?

Won't happen.

Won't happen.

Which part, you won't look, it won't sell, or some combo of the two?

It may or may not sell for that price but I wanted to start somewhere and it's uncharted territory.

I remember seeing a Wolverine limited edition (1982) sell for $3500 and that price was crazy at the time. Then two more copies sold for $14,000 and $15,000.

I started the price at what I thought was at a spot where I can negotiate from.

I bought this book from Cloud 9 (we've been doing some business over the past few months).

I gave Ken a price he thought was fair and since I'm a bit of a risk taker I want to see how it fares on the interwebs.

As far as pressing goes, I doubt it but I can ask Ken.