• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,447 posts in this topic

I mean hell why not go full person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point.

I love that movie. :cloud9:

Never go full person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point. :sumo:

It's been mentioned from time to time in the Walking Dead discussion threads that we should try and get a CGC Board Walking Dead Variant. I think now is the perfect time for such a variant because of the Something to Fear story arc and the monumental 100th issue. Obviously Larry's Comics and others who hold large convention often produce regional variants for the Walking Dead. I imagine that a number of board members have been involved in the production of those regional variant covers and would be capable of getting such a variant produced or willing to share the information necessary to produce such a variant. It would be great if one of those individuals would offer to take the lead on getting this done and/or share the informaiton necessary to get this done. I'm happy to assist in any way I can and would be willing to contact a couple image artists that I talk to via email and see if they would like to draw a cover. I cross posted a comparable message in the "Heating up on Ebay" thread because that thread may well be renamed Walking Dead comics heating up on Ebay" and if done right this variant will be a smash hit and command a signidicant price on ebay. Please PM me if you are interested in getting this done and if I receive more than 20 PMs I will start a seperate thread on this topic to share ideas and see if we can actually get this done. Thank you in advance for your consideration.

DO NOT involve larrys comics. spoon that racist

I just find it interesting that we don't like Larry because he's "racist", but fun can be made of people with developmental disabilities. I serve people with developmental disabilities and I can tell you that this film is one that is not very well liked in that population.

With all due respect guys, maybe we can stick with TWD. :foryou:

I just find it interesting that we don't like Larry because he's "racist", but fun can be made of people with developmental disabilities. I serve people with developmental disabilities and I can tell you that this film is one that is not very well liked in that population.

i realize you're not talking about me, but i want to clarify i never spoke ill of mentally challenged people, only racist larry

i realize you're not talking about me, but i want to clarify i never spoke ill of mentally challenged people, only racist larry

You're right, I wasn't. Just an observation in general.

I think I'll have them make a DAVIDSON!!! Holofoil bagged variant with trading card and use the money I'm going to make from selling off my raw copies of 53 to finance it.

Indubitably.

Edited by FIREFLY

For the record, I had no intention of being the driving force behind a CGC Board Variant Walking Dead. I just wanted to see it get done. If I have to be the person who steps up and gets it done, I don't know that I'm equipped to do something like because I'm not a comic dealer. I would have to do it in conjunction with someone else or a group. What I am trying to do is measure interest. If the interest is there I would consider putting up the money because I enjoy the boards and the friends I've made on the boards. I am shocked at the amount of bad mouthing that I've received for offering to do something nice for my fellow fans. I wish that people who have personal animus towards me would simply ignore my posts rather than making personal attacks towards me and insulting me, but I shouldn't expect anything from people who act that way.

That being said, those who are interested in the project, please contact me via PM and I will do my best to figure out if we can get this done.

Nobody was making fun of developmental disabilities. It was a pop culture reference which is a far cry from discrimination. You made the link between Tropic Thunder and the developmentally challenged. Personally I use the term person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point to describe one who is in no way challenged except by their own stupidity.

I have also used the quote "run Forrest run" and again it is in reference to a very popular award winning movie. Although I sympathize with your request there is a multitude of pop culture references that need only be taken as that.

Nico refuses to follow any of the board culture despite even asking me via PM for advice. I think the reference is quite fitting. I reminded him that he joined the boards. The boards did not join him. We still get spammed. :facepalm:

Did the storyline for these two guys (well...one) escaping zombies in Walking Dead 75 get resolved? They are wearing clothing similar to what's seen on the Something to Fear covers, and their tattoos are a little bit like the one on the cover of 102:

twd075007.jpg

Edited by pkveronese

While im thinking about the questions pkveronese raised, here's my latest

WD OA.

No zombies, but it's 11x17 and features Rick, Glen, and Michonne among others.

Adlard20WD203220Pg2016.jpg

Jealous! I was eyeing that one. Great Governor-related dialogue in that last panel too.

Edited by pkveronese

Yes, I actually use to own that page of OA (the one with the bandits). That got resolved already when Andrea got their sniper first; remember?

Goooood stuff.

Are you sure? That group in WD 78 (below) looks like a completely separate group. Different clothes (jackets vs. cutoffs and tattoos) and different people. I censored the saucy dialogue and bullet hole on the first pic.

twd078016.jpg

twd078017.jpg

Edited by pkveronese