• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,448 posts in this topic

Just did a mega marathon and read every single issue. Incredible. Loving Tyrese-- Carol's character was really interesting, Abraham is awesome-- hated Michonne at first, now love her -- and Glenn! Gotta say the best page of art from Adlard was Carl's splash after getting shot.

Wow! What a book.

:golfclap:

Just did a mega marathon and read every single issue. Incredible. Loving Tyrese-- Carol's character was really interesting, Abraham is awesome-- hated Michonne at first, now love her -- and Glenn! Gotta say the best page of art from Adlard was Carl's splash after getting shot.

Wow! What a book.

:golfclap:

What are you clapping for? You haven't even read it yet... :ohnoez:

James Sabata attending Phoenix Comic Con for Bleeding Cool;

Sunday, the final day of Phoenix ComiCon. The weekend goes too quickly. Seriously, if you ever have the opportunity to attend a convention, just go. It’s amazing.

Today I attended a panel called, “Jon Bernthal Vs The Walking Dead.” Bernthal came out about ten minutes late, but it seemed to be more of a problem in communication than him standing everyone up. He apologized immediately and stated that he came out without a moderator because he didn’t want to keep us waiting. His moderator joined him a few seconds later and things got underway. He talked about landing his role as Shane Walsh, stating he had never read the comic before he got the part. He had six screen tests, and at the time, he had long hair hanging down to his shoulders, which almost cost him the part. When he finally landed the role, Jon picked up copies of the comic and went home to begin reading it. In his words, “I opened the comic, started reading, and eating a sandwich. By the time my sandwich was gone, my character was dead. I was like, what did I just do?”

The most interesting part of the panel to me was Jon discussing his idea for a slightly different ending to Shane on the Walking Dead. (SPOILER COMING). Jon’s version was mostly the same as what we actually saw go down in the final episodes of season two, with one important change. He wanted Shane to knock Rick’s gun out of his hand, then they’d wrestle, Rick would stab Shane, and Shane would reanimate as a zombie, as we saw. Here’s where it differs. Rick would grab Shane’s gun, intent on killing the zombie and it would click. Click. Click. No bullets. The idea was that Shane had never intended to kill Rick at all, but had brought Rick out into the woods to kill him. Jon Bernthal is convinced that Shane knew he was a cancer to the group and that he had to go. He just wanted Carl and Lori to be safe and for Rick to man up and take the role he was supposed to take. He said he truly believes that Shane was never as heartless as he wanted to appear that he was, and that’s what makes him so entertaining to watch.

Alternate Storyline for the Walking Dead as per Bleeding Cool

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/05/28/an-alternate-storyline-for-the-walking-dead/

During Season Two, he wanted Shane’s loneliness to resonate with the audience, so he isolated himself from most of the cast, living in a cabin in the woods for over a year, not interacting with the other members of the cast when not shooting. During the final episode, after he’d shot his last scene, Jon sat out in the woods, watching the others film. He didn’t want to disrupt what they were doing, so he watched them from the woods for over two hours.

He went to rapid fire questions and answers with the audience, trying to let as many people as possible ask questions. His favorite character aside from Shane is Darryl. He would have absolutely shot Otis in real life. He would shoot Carl if Carl were a zombie. The things he hated most about the show were the sex scenes, because he always feels really awkward in them. He also hated dying… twice. He hated the car he had to drive due to product placement. “I have nothing against Hyundais. I just refuse to believe that out of ANY car out there that Shane would pick a green Hyundai.” The whole auditorium erupted into cheers when he added, “And why can’t they keep track of that damn kid?” He’s a boxer in his spare time and has had his nose broken fourteen times.

Wow! What a book.

For some reason, I thought you said you ran a marathon and then read walking dead too!

Wow! What a book.

For some reason, I thought you said you ran a marathon and then read walking dead too!

I read it that way too, the first time lol

At least half a dozen shots? Wonder if the last one was finally to the head. Interested in the autopsy report. Then again, it would probably be skewed or covered for the sake of order 'til it all blows to hell. Dang it, now I won't be able to see season 3 of TWD.

Well...you may get a chance to live it.

Cool. Thanks for sharing.

James Sabata attending Phoenix Comic Con for Bleeding Cool;

Sunday, the final day of Phoenix ComiCon. The weekend goes too quickly. Seriously, if you ever have the opportunity to attend a convention, just go. It’s amazing.

Today I attended a panel called, “Jon Bernthal Vs The Walking Dead.” Bernthal came out about ten minutes late, but it seemed to be more of a problem in communication than him standing everyone up. He apologized immediately and stated that he came out without a moderator because he didn’t want to keep us waiting. His moderator joined him a few seconds later and things got underway. He talked about landing his role as Shane Walsh, stating he had never read the comic before he got the part. He had six screen tests, and at the time, he had long hair hanging down to his shoulders, which almost cost him the part. When he finally landed the role, Jon picked up copies of the comic and went home to begin reading it. In his words, “I opened the comic, started reading, and eating a sandwich. By the time my sandwich was gone, my character was dead. I was like, what did I just do?”

The most interesting part of the panel to me was Jon discussing his idea for a slightly different ending to Shane on the Walking Dead. (SPOILER COMING). Jon’s version was mostly the same as what we actually saw go down in the final episodes of season two, with one important change. He wanted Shane to knock Rick’s gun out of his hand, then they’d wrestle, Rick would stab Shane, and Shane would reanimate as a zombie, as we saw. Here’s where it differs. Rick would grab Shane’s gun, intent on killing the zombie and it would click. Click. Click. No bullets. The idea was that Shane had never intended to kill Rick at all, but had brought Rick out into the woods to kill him. Jon Bernthal is convinced that Shane knew he was a cancer to the group and that he had to go. He just wanted Carl and Lori to be safe and for Rick to man up and take the role he was supposed to take. He said he truly believes that Shane was never as heartless as he wanted to appear that he was, and that’s what makes him so entertaining to watch.

Alternate Storyline for the Walking Dead as per Bleeding Cool

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/05/28/an-alternate-storyline-for-the-walking-dead/

During Season Two, he wanted Shane’s loneliness to resonate with the audience, so he isolated himself from most of the cast, living in a cabin in the woods for over a year, not interacting with the other members of the cast when not shooting. During the final episode, after he’d shot his last scene, Jon sat out in the woods, watching the others film. He didn’t want to disrupt what they were doing, so he watched them from the woods for over two hours.

He went to rapid fire questions and answers with the audience, trying to let as many people as possible ask questions. His favorite character aside from Shane is Darryl. He would have absolutely shot Otis in real life. He would shoot Carl if Carl were a zombie. The things he hated most about the show were the sex scenes, because he always feels really awkward in them. He also hated dying… twice. He hated the car he had to drive due to product placement. “I have nothing against Hyundais. I just refuse to believe that out of ANY car out there that Shane would pick a green Hyundai.” The whole auditorium erupted into cheers when he added, “And why can’t they keep track of that damn kid?” He’s a boxer in his spare time and has had his nose broken fourteen times.

Moore: 17, 13, 6

Adlard: 33, 41, 49, 61, 91

Color certainly influences my decision. Don't know if I'd like these as much if they were "just" OA w/o color.

Moore: 1,2,15,16,21

Adlard: 30, 48, 55, 59, 69

If any one knows any info about the OA to 59 please pm me :foryou:

Got a new WD page - more to come soon but I had to share this one first - one of my fav's

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=898527&GSub=128557

Hope you all enjoy!

Already "For Sale/Trade"? Seems at odds with what you posted a few days ago:

But I am sure some members here will buy, and put them on ebay immediately, thus driving the price even higher for fellow members who actually collect...but thats another story....

I realize you didn't immediately put it up on eBay...but appears you got the page just to sell it...despite saying it's a "fave"... (shrug)

Also, for all the kvetching about Adlard's asking prices, the prices I've seen from most "collectors" are even worse.

The spike over the last several months in WD OA sales, activity, and values still looks mostly to me like a result of speculation. I've seen nothing lately to change that opinion.

Got a new WD page - more to come soon but I had to share this one first - one of my fav's

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=898527&GSub=128557

Hope you all enjoy!

Already "For Sale/Trade"? Seems at odds with what you posted a few days ago:

But I am sure some members here will buy, and put them on ebay immediately, thus driving the price even higher for fellow members who actually collect...but thats another story....

he hasn't priced it tho, so even if it's for sale, how do you know he's doing it in a way that will drive prices higher?

It appears all his art designates FS/Trade instead of NFS. Perhaps he is not actively selling any pages but if someone just had to have a particular piece then one would feel free to contact him. Say you needed one piece to finish a book or sequence, you'd feel more comfortable asking him than someone who has it listed NFS.

I actually like the approach...if I'm correct.

Jim

he hasn't priced it tho, so even if it's for sale, how do you know he's doing it in a way that will drive prices higher?

I've inquired. Everything is priced, you just have to ask. To me, prices seem high. Certainly higher than anything on Splash Page. Your mileage may vary. Here are some pages for sale on eBay...you can decide for yourself:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/gotitonhere/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=50&_trksid=p3692

Now, I'm firmly in the camp that people can ask whatever they want. But don't turn around and blast Adlard for his prices. Hypocritical and looks like the anger is more about decreased margin for flipping, than anything else.