• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,448 posts in this topic

It appears all his art designates FS/Trade instead of NFS. Perhaps he is not actively selling any pages but if someone just had to have a particular piece then one would feel free to contact him. Say you needed one piece to finish a book or sequence, you'd feel more comfortable asking him than someone who has it listed NFS.

I actually like the approach...if I'm correct.

Jim

Well, I would say that just about everything on CAF is for sale, at the right price, regardless if it's listed "NFS" or not. Putting "For Sale/Trade" in the "For Sale Status" field is just making your intentions clear. However, I would also say that "For Sale/Trade", instead of "NFS", implies that the art will be available within a reasonable range of FMV. That is not always the case.

he hasn't priced it tho, so even if it's for sale, how do you know he's doing it in a way that will drive prices higher?

I've inquired. Everything is priced, you just have to ask. To me, prices seem high. Certainly higher than anything on Splash Page. Your mileage may vary. Here are some pages for sale on eBay...you can decide for yourself:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/gotitonhere/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=50&_trksid=p3692

Now, I'm firmly in the camp that people can ask whatever they want. But don't turn around and blast Adlard for his prices. Hypocritical and looks like the anger is more about decreased margin for flipping, than anything else.

And with that I stand corrected.

Jim

Just did a mega marathon and read every single issue. Incredible. Loving Tyrese-- Carol's character was really interesting, Abraham is awesome-- hated Michonne at first, now love her -- and Glenn! Gotta say the best page of art from Adlard was Carl's splash after getting shot.

Wow! What a book.

:golfclap:

What are you clapping for? You haven't even read it yet... :ohnoez:

(tsk) don't go telling everyone

You going to Philly? :popcorn:

Just did a mega marathon and read every single issue. Incredible. Loving Tyrese-- Carol's character was really interesting, Abraham is awesome-- hated Michonne at first, now love her -- and Glenn! Gotta say the best page of art from Adlard was Carl's splash after getting shot.

Wow! What a book.

:golfclap:

What are you clapping for? You haven't even read it yet... :ohnoez:

(tsk) don't go telling everyone

You going to Philly? :popcorn:

No I should...

I want to meet CM Punk...hopefully he is at WWChicago as he is supposed to be...

he hasn't priced it tho, so even if it's for sale, how do you know he's doing it in a way that will drive prices higher?

I've inquired. Everything is priced, you just have to ask. To me, prices seem high. Certainly higher than anything on Splash Page. Your mileage may vary. Here are some pages for sale on eBay...you can decide for yourself:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/gotitonhere/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=50&_trksid=p3692

Now, I'm firmly in the camp that people can ask whatever they want. But don't turn around and blast Adlard for his prices. Hypocritical and looks like the anger is more about decreased margin for flipping, than anything else.

And with that I stand corrected.

Jim

I listed the cover to 93 last week (I am saving up for a really neat but pricey piece) - To my utmost surprise it sold for $1500 within a few hours -- I had it as a BIN for $1850, because I too, have seen the WD bubble...

Once I saw the page sell for that price - I listed a few more, at high prices, with a "well it just costs me 50 cents to list so why not mentality"

As for the person who contacted me with the "price seems high" line - I don't remember any exchange between yourself and I - but I can assure you that my starting out "cold offer to sell" price is just that - a cold offer to sell -

Had we had a discussion, I would gladly give my opinion as to real world value vs. speculative value,

Also - I do list every page (with the exception of 1 singular page) for sale or trade -

I actually felt very weird listing 93 on Ebay shortly after acquiring it - but I discussed it with the prior owner and he was really cool about it -

I can tell you that its not my intention of "insta-flipping" anything - but if the right offer comes along, I wont turn down a good deal - as the case with the cover to 93.

just my .02 - take it with a grain of salt =)

I listed the cover to 93 last week (I am saving up for a really neat but pricey piece) - To my utmost surprise it sold for $1500 within a few hours -- I had it as a BIN for $1850, because I too, have seen the WD bubble...

Once I saw the page sell for that price - I listed a few more, at high prices, with a "well it just costs me 50 cents to list so why not mentality"

As for the person who contacted me with the "price seems high" line - I don't remember any exchange between yourself and I - but I can assure you that my starting out "cold offer to sell" price is just that - a cold offer to sell -

Had we had a discussion, I would gladly give my opinion as to real world value vs. speculative value,

Also - I do list every page (with the exception of 1 singular page) for sale or trade -

I actually felt very weird listing 93 on Ebay shortly after acquiring it - but I discussed it with the prior owner and he was really cool about it -

I can tell you that its not my intention of "insta-flipping" anything - but if the right offer comes along, I wont turn down a good deal - as the case with the cover to 93.

Our discussion (via CAF and e-mail) was cordial, if unmemorable. My only real point here is that if you're going to blast Adlard for his prices, then it's fair to bring up your asking prices. Which frankly, make Adlard's seem like a bargain. As well, if you're going to call the Tony Moore "Rick in a hospital bed" page "terrible", "lame", and a bad buy ( http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=126458&Number=5706106#Post5706106 ), then you may want to rethink this listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walking-Dead-Issue-13-Page-22-FIRST-APPEARANCE-of-4-MAJOR-CHARACTERS-Adlard-/140758780565?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20c5e08a95

Fair is fair. Just my 2c

Our discussion (via CAF and e-mail) was cordial, if unmemorable. My only real point here is that if you're going to blast Adlard for his prices, then it's fair to bring up your asking prices. Which frankly, make Adlard's seem like a bargain. As well, if you're going to call the Tony Moore "Rick in a hospital bed" page "terrible", "lame", and a bad buy ( http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=126458&Number=5706106#Post5706106 ), then you may want to rethink this listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walking-Dead-Issue-13-Page-22-FIRST-APPEARANCE-of-4-MAJOR-CHARACTERS-Adlard-/140758780565?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20c5e08a95

Fair is fair. Just my 2c

I stand by everything I said about Issue 1 Page 2 - I think its a really boring page..I think its drawn really well, but there really isnt anything to it.

As for whether I would buy it or not - is just my personal preference - I did note in my post that I get the pricing, that its first issue, a 1st appearance of the central character, first page in the present of their universe...

As for Adlard's pricing: - I think Issue 90's pages shouldn't be as expensive as issue 30's 40's etc...there is something about having a page that is a bit older that makes it more expensive in my opinion..

Also - I don't have an issue with expensive zombie pages, on splashpage or anywhere else - my issue is with the otherwise run-of-the-mill pages that Mark is now selling for $200+ which I think is nuts! Which just a few weeks ago were $100 -

As for our discussion for the sale of the two pages you asked me about - you left out that I did tell you in my reply email that the price I gave you was high, but that the market was insane (I checked your CAF and then my email)

I think I was actually overly honest in our exchange - and just as an FYI, I have 3 people (2 from this very forum) with an open "will buy" for that same very price I offered you, should I choose to sell..

Also, as for my first appearance page - I actually personally like it better than the hospital bed, they are having meatloaf!! And I admit my asking price is high - but that doesn't mean I won't be reasonable via private offer in an email..

I appreciate your attempt at a discussion, but I feel like its more of an attack than an actual discussion..

Jerry

Edited by Jerry S

Not to change the topic but does anyone have any info on the #27 misprint? I'm just now learning about this but cannot find squat with my google-fu.

I have been extremely active on eBay the last few months and have never seen it show up. So, just curious what the misprint is and what the stats were on it.

Not to change the topic but does anyone have any info on the #27 misprint? I'm just now learning about this but cannot find squat with my google-fu.

I have been extremely active on eBay the last few months and have never seen it show up. So, just curious what the misprint is and what the stats were on it.

Something to do with the last few pages. I think you don't get the end, only beginning pages again....or something

I appreciate your attempt at a discussion, but I feel like its more of an attack than an actual discussion..

Jerry

Hypocracy tends to bring out the pitchforks. :whistle:

Something to do with the last few pages. I think you don't get the end, only beginning pages again....or something

You're right - I saw this on Worthpoint:

"Pages 1 through 8 have been duplicated along with pages 25 through 32 ("Mail" letter pages).[...] (P) ages containing appearances of the Governor in the "corrected" copy do NOT appear anywhere in the misprinted copy."

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/walking-dead-27-1st-governor-misprint-238766101

No Governor pages in his first appearance - crazy error!

Edited by pkveronese

You're right - I saw this on Worthpoint:

"Pages 1 through 8 have been duplicated along with pages 25 through 32 ("Mail" letter pages).[...] (P) ages containing appearances of the Governor in the "corrected" copy do NOT appear anywhere in the misprinted copy."

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/walking-dead-27-1st-governor-misprint-238766101

No Governor pages in his first appearance - crazy error!

Then there's more than one page error b/c there was a copy in bad condition that had extra pages that contained the Governor pages in it. I have a specific recollection of that from the auction b/c I was going to bid on the book until I learned it was in bad condition.