• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,447 posts in this topic

Just wanted to share with everyone my new Walking Dead table my buddy made --

He takes a TPB and cuts it up, the acrylics it --- this is about 85% done -

Anyone who wants one made, PM me.

kpo7q.jpg

That. Is. Sick. :headbang:

Keith,

Is the game sweet? I thought about downloading it...

Not Keith obviously - but the game is alright - its sort of like a time-crisis or resident evil without the guns -- there is 0 shooting -

it is all time-based decision tree type gaming - fun if you like it -

the game took me about 2 hours to finish - some puzzles are linear and dumb - others require you to use a bit of logic, but not much --

all in all, well worth the 5 bucks spent or so

personally if you want a much better full fledged zombie experience, play fallout 3, dead island, or red dead redemption undead nightmare, or my favorite game of all time - borderlands - and the expansion pack, dr. neds island (packed with zombie fun)

Can't forget Left 4 Dead 2. :cloud9:

That game is awesome! (thumbs u

I was told $75 per book & then there are fees for the signing Its at sdcc yes but I will be submitting the books through someone

Well then someone lied to you...Sig Series is about 35 bucks.

Jim

It's $28 for a single SS book subbed under the Modern tier. CGC, however, has begun bumping high value moderns like WD #1-3, 19, etc to the Standard SS tier which costs $65.

Since when?

I had to pay the higher tier price last weekend at Philly for WD 1 , 2, 3, and 19 :(

But i think it is only if the book gets graded 9.6 or higher

It's a conflict of interest to have the grading fee directly correlate to the value of the book once graded. CGC then has an incentive to give a higher grade to then receive a higher fee for grading the same book. This is my main complaint...the fee based on a % of FMV is very shady, IMO.

The first ones are hot cause they are limited to 250. Anyone know how limited these are? Looks like there's quite a bit more this time.

anyone snag a watch this morning? Those things are pretty hot on the secondary market.

I had to pay the higher tier price last weekend at Philly for WD 1 , 2, 3, and 19 :(

But i think it is only if the book gets graded 9.6 or higher

It's a conflict of interest to have the grading fee directly correlate to the value of the book once graded. CGC then has an incentive to give a higher grade to then receive a higher fee for grading the same book. This is my main complaint...the fee based on a % of FMV is very shady, IMO.

Agreed 100%. Seems to take some of the impartiality out of the equation, and being impartial when grading is of paramount importance when looking at CGC's business model. I've always thought they should grade and charge based on the raw value, since technically all a CGC slab adds is the value of the fees in getting the raw book slabbed; all other increase in value is based solely on the perception of the seller/buyer.

600 this time, Kirkman signed the packaging of for the entire run.

The first ones are hot cause they are limited to 250. Anyone know how limited these are? Looks like there's quite a bit more this time.

anyone snag a watch this morning? Those things are pretty hot on the secondary market.

I was told $75 per book & then there are fees for the signing Its at sdcc yes but I will be submitting the books through someone

Well then someone lied to you...Sig Series is about 35 bucks.

Jim

It's $28 for a single SS book subbed under the Modern tier. CGC, however, has begun bumping high value moderns like WD #1-3, 19, etc to the Standard SS tier which costs $65.

Since when?

With WD or in general? With WD I saw it happening at C2E2 - a guy was trying to submit two copies of WD #1 under the modern tier and was told he had to sub them under the Standard tier instead.

WD1 is obviously more than a $200 book. The others (especially WD 3) are a bit more of a gray area. WD 3 is not a $200 book, and the others are depending on grade.

I would think they'd only bump #3 up to the next tier if it grades 9.8, in which case it's a $250-300 book. I'm not a big fan of the policy, but in that instance it is worth over $200.

They only seem to do it on extremely obvious hot books though (i.e. none of my stuff at WW Philly got moved to a different tier and 5 of the books are likely over $200 in grade).

is it just because of the insurance value that they change it or ?.. your books are only covered through the mail for a certain amount depending on what you sub it at right?.. Not really sure how it all works I normally just sub moderns

is it just because of the insurance value that they change it or ?.. your books are only covered through the mail for a certain amount depending on what you sub it at right?.. Not really sure how it all works I normally just sub moderns

No - I believe your books are still covered at the value you declare on the form. It's a way to make more money on higher end books.

at eccc I was told that it was my choice on what I want the value of the book to be listed as

You're confusing a couple of things.

The value that you put on the CGC form is for insurance purposes - both for when the books are at CGC and when they're being shipped back & forth.

Each grading tier (with the exception of walkthru) also has a max. value limit - for books subbed under the Modern tier (eg. post-1980 books) that limit is $200 pr. book. So even though a book might be newer than 1980 - which would qualify it for the Modern tier - it might still not be eligible due to its value.

In my experience, these value numbers aren't set in stone - submitting a $3-400 post-1980 book with a declared value of $200 on the CGC form will almost certainly just slide through. It's only in the most obvious examples - like a Walking Dead #1 - that CGC might give you a call, telling you that they've bumped the book to another tier due to its value (or won't allow you to submit the book under the Modern tier to begin with).

Hello fellow boardies - I just got six pages from John Watkiss from the production stills used for TWD for AMC, direct from John himself - I will sell one or two at cost - PM me

EDIT --- CLOSED! I got 3 responses, first three get a page each - the painting is still available though

http://img521.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=wd22v.jpg

He also did the painting below for TWD - which I did not buy - anyone want it PM me - I am sure he will hook the price up --

twd1oo.jpg

Edited by Jerry S

Hello fellow boardies - I just got six pages from John Watkiss from the production stills used for TWD for AMC, direct from John himself - I will sell one or two at cost - PM me

http://img521.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=wd22v.jpg

He also did the painting below for TWD - which I did not buy - anyone want it PM me - I am sure he will hook the price up --

twd1oo.jpg

I will take one :cloud9:

Jim