• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,447 posts in this topic

For completionists, it would not be realistic to attempt to collect a copy of every printing defect and error throughout an entire run... but I'm sure someone on here will do it.

I dunno, I guess its subjective to how aggressive the completionist is, but I'd be willing to bet a large number of folks intent on having every issue with all documented differences would indeed go after every error/defect issue available. To me, "completionist" is just that, someone who "has everything". I know people will disagree with me and that's fine, I respect everyone's view.

Personally though I feel a complete set is all documented and recognized variants, defects, and errors included.

Edited by roastedbagel

In any print run a few mistakes on books are possible. So you could find other errors.

However, the 27 and 35 are frequently called variants by people because they aren't limited to a few random issues of each, and they are well known.

I remember Kirkman even mentioned one of them in the letters column apologizing if anyone received one. Collectors outside of these boards know about them and are looking for them two.

Where is the Walking Dead Checklist published?
Walking Dead Checklist

whoever made this checklist messed up on #1. there aren't 10,000 copies of #1 (website says black mature warning has 7,000+ copies, and white warning 3,000 copies), and there has been no proof that the black warning is rarer than the white warning (and no, kirkman saying the black warning has more isn't proof). also, don't know why the dynamic forces signed edition is listed. it's not a variant, just the same book, but 50 were signed and numbered.

Yup, there was a total of 7,266 copies of Walking Dead #1 printed. That's both black and white.

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2003/2003-11.html

The exact distribution between black and white is unknown and impossible to determine at this point. (thumbs u

Comic book guy has been here since the first day I logged on.

so, not long?

for some reason I envisioned in my head just now, a fat guy in a basement in Conn. chirping his childhood friend via walkie-talkie - quick beakboy, to the internet, our beloved forum needs our help!

on a separate note - what are your methods of storing artwork? itoya portfolios?

Edited by Jerry S

For completionists, it would not be realistic to attempt to collect a copy of every printing defect and error throughout an entire run... but I'm sure someone on here will do it.

I dunno, I guess its subjective to how aggressive the completionist is, but I'd be willing to bet a large number of folks intent on having every issue with all documented differences would indeed go after every error/defect issue available. To me, "completionist" is just that, someone who "has everything". I know people will disagree with me and that's fine, I respect everyone's view.

Personally though I feel a complete set is all documented and recognized variants, defects, and errors included.

May your quest be fruitful my friend.

May your quest be fruitful my friend.

Not sure if being sarcastic or not, but if you're not, thanks.

There's not too many errors/misprints in the WD run so it's not a huge mission to be honest. Off the top of my head you have #27, 35, and 75 That's only 3 books to go after. And as I type this, I guess I'm not interested in every error, the one's that piqued my interest were the ones with extra or missing pages. The crease on the back cover of #75 isn't something I would actively seek out.

Man it's like Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons was cloned and then learned to type on the interwebs up in here!

I'm in stitches right now thinking how ironic it is that I'm getting teased for my views on what a "complete set" is while being on a website dedicated to comic book perfection. :roflmao:

Edited by roastedbagel

There are quite a few more issues than the 3 you mentioned. Also I'd you have a 35 with 1 missing page would you also get the 35 with 3 extra pages?

There are quite a few more issues than the 3 you mentioned. Also I'd you have a 35 with 1 missing page would you also get the 35 with 3 extra pages?

Why did you have to tell me that? I'm gonna pretend I didn't hear that :grin:

So would I buy two different types of errors on the same issue? Good question, I haven't come to that point yet. If it was staring me in the face or if I came across it while browsing through a rack, perhaps. I'm not gonna break the bank over it, but if I had the extra cash, I might.

I'm not actively seeking them out. I may have come across like the comic book guy which I think to a degree everyone over in the "completed sets" section is in some small way or another, but I was mainly talking about the WD errors out there, which I truly thought were only 3 of. So I didn't see it as a big deal.

If there's a book out there that has 500 issues and every 15 issues there's an error, that could spiral out of control rather quick and something I wouldn't be interested. I was just referring to a handful of errors that are easy to find, yes, I would want in my set, not for sales purposes or anything, but just for my own collection. I guess I would feel more "complete" in my mind. Again, that's just me, and I promise, I'm not a 400lb. guy with long hair in a ponytail sitting in a basement. :grin:

Edit: Spelling

Edited by roastedbagel

In all honesty, I only bought the error variant for my registry set. Otherwise, the errors really don't interest me. I know when I started my collection, the 27 error use to be on the registry, but was deleted some time later.

wanted to share my completed WD acrylic ikea table:

my buddy did it - took him about 2 weeks - PM me if interested to buy one -

He is clearly better at making tables than taking pictures - I'll take some better ones tomorrow when I have it in my livingroom!

imagegpf.jpg

Edited by Jerry S

Not sure if being sarcastic or not, but if you're not, thanks.

No sarcasm, I know that I do not have an intellectual monopoly on what should be collected. I do see how a hunt for something like this could be fun and I hope it is rewarding for you. (thumbs u

Comic book guy has been here since the first day I logged on.

so, not long?

for some reason I envisioned in my head just now, a fat guy in a basement in Conn. chirping his childhood friend via walkie-talkie - quick beakboy, to the internet, our beloved forum needs our help!

I'll have you know that my parents basement is quite luxurious. :sumo:

wanted to share my completed WD acrylic ikea table:

my buddy did it - took him about 2 weeks - PM me if interested to buy one -

He is clearly better at making tables than taking pictures - I'll take some better ones tomorrow when I have it in my livingroom!

imagegpf.jpg

That table is sweet! Can you ship to the Philippines? haha

Edited by DomUga