• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,447 posts in this topic

lol

The #2 is easy to differentiate and yeti still debate endlessly with eBay sellers trying to sell the 2nd print as the 1st.

How can you tell if #2 is a 2nd print?

It says "FEB" on cover. 1st print says "NOV"

Thanks (thumbs u

I bought a second printing of #8 a week ago thinking I owned the first printing of #8. Now I own two 2nd printing #8's and 0 first printings. :tonofbricks:

Agreed.

My #8 was titled as first print on eBay but after checking tonight ive learned it's really a second print, I'm mad but have mixed emotions about messaging the seller.

On one end they don't mention it being a second print anywhere on the cover (which I have a hard time supporting), and I myself thought it was a first print. I'm almost certain the seller didn't do it on purpose, but genuinely thought it was first print. I cant fault him for that I suppose.

On the other hand I wanna message him and request a partial refund and just see how he responds. Who knows, maybe I get some cash back that will certainly go right back into another book I need.

Edited by roastedbagel

I bought a second printing of #8 a week ago thinking I owned the first printing of #8. Now I own two 2nd printing #8's and 0 first printings. :tonofbricks:

Agreed.

My #8 was titled as first print on eBay but after checking tonight ive learned it's really a second print, I'm mad but have mixed emotions about messaging the seller.

On one end they don't mention it being a second print anywhere on the cover (which I have a hard time supporting), and I myself thought it was a first print. I'm almost certain the seller didn't do it on purpose, but genuinely thought it was first print. I cant fault him for that I suppose.

On the other hand I wanna message him and request a partial refund and just see how he responds. Who knows, maybe I get some cash back that will certainly go right back into another book I need.

If you feel it was an honest mistake request full refund and send it back.

Depending on what you paid and their condition, you might be ok just keeping them. It seems that it takes much more patience and wheelin'-dealin' to go out and find and buy one of each second print of 7 and 8 at a reasonable price vs. fairly-valued multiples of #7 or #8 first prints. I'm not saying that they are more expensive, but they generally hold good value so if you wrangled a good price you might hold.

I just got the email on their auctions myself. I'm thinking I might just send the next graded run to them.

I'd like to send them my raw #10 and see if they can get $200 for it.