• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,447 posts in this topic

I just want to know why hasn't everyone else added Nico Esq. to the block user list yet? I have had him on it since that first week he joined but damnit you guys keep quoting him over and over. Just ignore his stupidity.

I just want to know why hasn't everyone else added Nico Esq. to the block user list yet? I have had him on it since that first week he joined but damnit you guys keep quoting him over and over. Just ignore his stupidity.

I can't speak for anyone else, but...as much as he irks me, I have not blocked him because the majority of his posts are akin to watching a car crash in slow motion. As much as i would like to ignore him, I just can't turn away. His stupidity constantly amazes me, and I am dumbfounded by the fact that he has survived for so long. Seems like a shoo-in for a Darwin Award.

I also find it very hard to believe that he is a lawyer. He has no grasp of logic, and cannot seem to differentiate between fact and fiction under any circumstances, both of which are cornerstones of most law degrees. I think it is much more likely that he is unemployed and lives in his mother's basement.

You said that I was throwing around random numbers as usual (personal attack) & suggested that WD 100 was comparable to other WD variants when my statement indicates that 100 will be a high dollar book if there is an enormous event (e.g., Rick's death, Daryl's first appearance, etc.) ... When I reference the last time you had a breakdown in one of our discussions (Saga RRP) you assert that I'm some kind of fraud. I'm done arguing. I don't enjoy the petty insults you hurl at me or the comments from your bff Brendan. Some of us get on the Boards to relax (i.e., me, 99.8% of the other board members) and I've repeatedly asked you to stop this , but you don't. Again, I respectfully request that quit detailing threads with this garbage. I'm sure you can find something more edifying to talk about than me. You seem to be a reasonably intelligent guy. If not, please ignore me like your buddy Brendan.

Hey Fellas, i am thinking about reading The Walking Dead. Never read it, never seen the show. What is the best way for me to read it?

im looking for the most enjoyable reading experience, short of buying all the issues individually. i am not interested in "value"

i thought about the Compendium, but i did that with another comic, and looking back, i would have been better off going another route.

So, TPBs vs The "Book" run is what i've narrowed it down to i suppose.

What say you?

Hey Fellas, i am thinking about reading The Walking Dead. Never read it, never seen the show. What is the best way for me to read it?

im looking for the most enjoyable reading experience, short of buying all the issues individually. i am not interested in "value"

i thought about the Compendium, but i did that with another comic, and looking back, i would have been better off going another route.

What say you?

I say read the hardcovers. You can get them on feebay in a lot or on Amazon relatively cheap and they are nice to keep. The compendium collects the first 48 & is the least expensive way to get into the series and the 2nd compendium is about to come out.

What say you?

Try the first two trades. Cover on those is $25 but you can get cheaper than that. If you still aren't sure, then try another. If you don't like by then, you probably won't.

If you like, then get the hard covers which collect 12 issues at a time or if you are really into it, get the oversized omnibuses which collect 24 issues per and have covers, extra pages, other bonuses, etc.

Hope you like like a lot of us have.

Honestly, I know I'm just new here but I don't see why Nico takes it as hard as he does. I think we can all agree his pretty passionate about the topic (WD), a little over zealousness never hurt anybody. His posts are articulate, and well presented but perhaps he just wears his opinions on his sleeve more than thinking them through with the same logic that he would in everyday life.

That being said, it's not an $800 book. Like Jeff said, the comicspro isn't an eight hundred dollar book. Anyway who really wants one will get one, they won't be scarce, never mind rare. 95% of the population who cares, cares about the trades, not the "silly" floppies.

Jim

i have no problem with nico, nor his posts. i do think he states things without enough factual evidence and then holds onto his belief that what he says is correct, but it just doesn't bother me. heck, the guy in the water cooler section who said rodney king dying is karma irritated me far more.

Soooo... How bout them Yankees? :banana:

On a more related note, as of 15 minutes ago I officially have every issue with the exception of 1,2,and 19. Been needing 49 and 69 forever now, I know, completely random issues but I was waiting for the right price on feebay to arise. Yay me!

So who has an #1 they wanna trade me for a psychotic cat or a lovely night out? :grin:

Edit: I should mention I have almost all variants as well except a few of the harder to find like 94 sketch and #1b.

Edited by roastedbagel