• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bone Appreciation Thread
11 11

1,462 posts in this topic

I finally picked up the one volume edition the other day, and after 2 weeks of reading (I had to make it last!) I finished it....I've got to say, it's one of the best stories ever! The only problem I had was with the ending...but other than that, it was very enjoyable!

Thanks for posting these beautiful books docgo. I was just thinking today its been awhile sense this thread has seen some action.

Thanks cyber! I've slowed down my purchasing and submitting since April but I should have new books every once in a while. The fact that Colin got banned has put a hurt on this thread too. :(

At present, my goal is to acquire the highest possible blue label grades for #1-11 and mostly yellow labels for the rest (my raws sent to witnesses). Should have a few more in the near future. The #37 is probably my favorite SS so far. :)

I finally picked up the one volume edition the other day, and after 2 weeks of reading (I had to make it last!) I finished it....I've got to say, it's one of the best stories ever! The only problem I had was with the ending...but other than that, it was very enjoyable!

Glad you took the trip! :cool:

I agree with your thoughts on the ending. I love the first act and really like the second act, but the third is only so-so IMHO. Love the saga as a whole though and have always enjoyed collecting them. :grin:

Thanks for posting these beautiful books docgo. I was just thinking today its been awhile sense this thread has seen some action.

Thanks cyber! I've slowed down my purchasing and submitting since April but I should have new books every once in a while. The fact that Colin got banned has put a hurt on this thread too. :(

At present, my goal is to acquire the highest possible blue label grades for #1-11 and mostly yellow labels for the rest (my raws sent to witnesses). Should have a few more in the near future. The #37 is probably my favorite SS so far. :)

Very nice. I have raw 6-10 that I need to get sent in myself. Im still trying to decide if I want to go through with collecting the whole series or just do a 1-10 run and sell off the rest of my slabs.

So a random note that you might find interesting. Right now I am currently in Israel on business and Bone is apparently very, very popular out here. The TPB's are being sold in Hebrew at all the book stores.

Very nice. I have raw 6-10 that I need to get sent in myself. Im still trying to decide if I want to go through with collecting the whole series or just do a 1-10 run and sell off the rest of my slabs.

So a random note that you might find interesting. Right now I am currently in Israel on business and Bone is apparently very, very popular out here. The TPB's are being sold in Hebrew at all the book stores.

I've seen blurbs stating that it's been translated into several languages but I've never heard how well the non-English books do. :)

1-10 is tough but it'll be fun. Other than your #1 do you have any of the first five in slabs?

I've seen blurbs stating that it's been translated into several languages but I've never heard how well the non-English books do. :)

1-10 is tough but it'll be fun. Other than your #1 do you have any of the first five in slabs?

Sure. I have all the first five in slabs :) Including Colins old #2 that really could use a resub

J

Anybody seen the Thorn precursor book from when Smith was in college?

Boostergold, sure have! I own a copy :)

This copy has a neat history with it too and is well documented. The book was signed and sketched and given to the owner of the bookstore where Jeff worked in college as a gift. The owner held onto it and when he passed away the book where inherited with many others. Now its out of the family for the first time and into my hands :cloud9:

Anybody seen the Thorn precursor book from when Smith was in college?

It's been discussed earlier in this thread I think. Personally, I've lost interest in trying to obtain one. Sellers ask way too much for low grade copies. :(

Sure. I have all the first five in slabs :) Including Colins old #2 that really could use a resub

J

That #2 used to be mine which used to be rolo's. :)

J

That #2 used to be mine which used to be rolo's. :)

Ahhh ah! Yes I bought that copy and + traded a couple of mine to colin awhile ago. Including another #2 that was rolo's. That guy sure did help us all out slabbing these :)

Sorry, docgo, didn't see it. I was just curious because I've never seen one. I was wondering how the grades and pricing for those came out honestly.

Most of them are pretty ugly. I feel fortunate with mine and its probably only a mid grade, although presents nicely. There was a really nice looking one that sold on ebay not too long ago. It certainly seemed high grade and went for a hair under $1000. Seems that no matter what the condition is they usually sell for about $750-$1000. Mostly, due to the rarity, I would assume. There are very few of these that seem to be left in existence!

Sorry, docgo, didn't see it. I was just curious because I've never seen one. I was wondering how the grades and pricing for those came out honestly.

Didn't mean to make my post sound like an offense. :foryou:

I figured I would post in the "Bone Appreciation Thread" that I've finally started to really appreciate Bone! :banana:

Spent the weekend holed up in the apartment with a cold, so I took advantage of the down time and finally committed to read the whole series start to finish. I just finished the third book of the Scholastic color reprint volumes. I have to say.. the art is stunning. Smith is a master of comedic timing and the multitude of expressions on the Bones really shows his depth as a cartoonist. The color is absolutely phenomenal, too. I really find myself slowing down to soak in each panel before going to the next. Looking forward to the rest of the series.

Love it! :luhv:

I figured I would post in the "Bone Appreciation Thread" that I've finally started to really appreciate Bone! :banana:

Spent the weekend holed up in the apartment with a cold, so I took advantage of the down time and finally committed to read the whole series start to finish. I just finished the third book of the Scholastic color reprint volumes. I have to say.. the art is stunning. Smith is a master of comedic timing and the multitude of expressions on the Bones really shows his depth as a cartoonist. The color is absolutely phenomenal, too. I really find myself slowing down to soak in each panel before going to the next. Looking forward to the rest of the series.

Love it! :luhv:

Did you ever read any of the B&W issues before reading the color edition?