• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bone Appreciation Thread
11 11

1,467 posts in this topic

My copy bought at local show.

sc00e16eca.jpg

nice copy.what`s a 9.0 go for nowadays? I am looking something in that grade range.

The copy above is on Comiclink for a fair price. Last 9.0 sale was back in May for $675.

Awesome copies!!! In January or so I'll officially free up cash in hand for a 8.0 or better...might just have to pony up for 9.0.

This is the most meaningful book I could ever own. Before the internet I never really saw too many copies because I was just a kid in the mid ninties and didn't really attend comic shows..so I always just so it listed in Overstreet.

I want one bad though! Going to be a huge day for me when I score one!!!

Fourteen months ago, CGC'd Bone books were selling at an all-time high. Now they're selling at an all-time low. Any thoughts out there? (shrug)

Buzz of the movie coming out probably just wore off plus everyone started feeling the effects of this economy. Dont worry the movie will come out and the prices will go back up again. :ohnoez:

There has been Bone movie rumors swirling around almost as long as rumors of a Sandman movie - I think it's much more a matter of there only being a couple of collectors out there who have any interest in slabbed Bone above issue #7 or so ...

There has been Bone movie rumors swirling around almost as long as rumors of a Sandman movie - I think it's much more a matter of there only being a couple of collectors out there who have any interest in slabbed Bone above issue #7 or so ...

I can count four who will bid above a certain level for double digit Bone issues. There are several who try to win for $25 or less.

The Bone movie is at least three years away (only scripting at this point) and there have always been rumors & announcements so I don't think this has much to do with anything. The economy coming down hard on 20 and 30 somethings is the more likely reason.

Plus, I have most of these books in raw 9.8 so my bids have been absent. The #55 SS hurt me though. :cry:

Below are the latest additions to my collection. Big thanks go out to GOTHAMCENTRAL as well as Joel Elad for helping me get these books signed over the summer.

I've finally cleared the 50% completion hurdle too. It will be long and enjoyable journey towards 75%. :grin:

Bone #39 is a classically tough all-black cover with a large blank space that's perfect for a small sketch. The design of the Great Red Dragon doesn't lend itself to a quick and sharp sketch but I think Jeff did pretty well. He threw in a Ted for good measure too. :)

bone39cgc98ss0938005002.jpg

#46 is the other series book that is perfect for a sketch. Carlos also got a Steve Hamaker signature as well (he was the colorist for most of the covers as well as the color TPBs).

This and the #39 were both signed at this year's Heroes Con.

bone46cgc98ss0938005001.jpg

Don't know if many of you have read this mini-series which came out during the year long hiatus between #37 & #38. I've always liked the main character but have been annoyed by the rest of them. Sketch of Big Johnson Bone isn't great. I'm guessing he probably doesn't get this request all that much and the pen was a little too thick. Still like the book and signature though and it's a nice upgrade from my 9.6 SS. :)

stupidrattails01cgc98ss0938005005.jpg

This was the free book given out when Bone switched from Cartoon Books to Image Comics. It was meant to summarize the first twenty issues before Image's version of #21 was printed. Jeff signed this with a Fone head sketch at the Baltimore Diamond Retailers Summit a couple months ago.

bonesourcebookcgc98ss0938005003.jpg

Just wanted to bump this thread as I officially bought a CGC 8.5 Signature series with sketch Bone #1 today!!! I've been wanting to start a Bone run for a long time and this book is exactly what I've been looking for!

Very stoked!

D

Just wanted to bump this thread as I officially bought a CGC 8.5 Signature series with sketch Bone #1 today!!! I've been wanting to start a Bone run for a long time and this book is exactly what I've been looking for!

Very stoked!

D

:cloud9: Congrats on starting your Bone run!