• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bone Appreciation Thread
11 11

1,462 posts in this topic

Also picked this baby up from PhiGam. #11 is the last of the Bone books printed with the infamous low-quality paper that has doomed a lot of the earlier issues from ultra high grades (these issues are also a couple centimeters wider than #12-55). Only eleven 9.8s exist among the first eleven books so I'm excited to have this in my collection. :cool:

bone11cgc980147907007.jpg

Also picked this baby up from PhiGam. #11 is the last of the Bone books printed with the infamous low-quality paper that has doomed a lot of the earlier issues from ultra high grades (these issues are also a couple centimeters wider than #12-55). Only eleven 9.8s exist among the first eleven books so I'm excited to have this in my collection. :cool:

bone11cgc980147907007.jpg

i love that cover :)

Wow, almost two months since the last post. Unfortunately I've been low on comic book funds lately but I'm finally back with a new edition. Bought this beauty from Rich_Henn via eBay. Tied with one other for top census. For some reason this issue is one of the toughest to find in ultra HG. (shrug)

bone06cgc960947328006.jpg

Apparently, Jeff announced some future Bone stories at SDCC: Boneville. Of the "Tall Tales", two will be reprints and the other two will be new Big Johnson Bone stories (here's hoping that idiotic monkey character gets vanquished :wishluck:) The other project is a trilogy of novels which I find a little disappointing. I want more Jeff Smith art! :devil:

It looks like black & white Bone has been officially retired as the colorist of the recent trades will be coloring everything that's set to release. I will hold a silent vigil... :cry:

Just got this one in ... big thanks to Par2ch for getting it signed at Heroes Con. Not an easy book in high grade.

You are absolutely correct. Only recently was I able to find a raw 9.8 of that particular comic. Beautiful book Michael! (thumbs u

Finally added a couple books to my collection, both of which are on my Top 5 Bone Covers list. :grin:

First up is #27. This issue is one of five that don't have a 9.8 on the census. It has to be something internal cuz I see nothing thru the slab that would knock it down. May have to call for grader's notes. Still love it though... :)

bone27cgc96ss0962807007.jpg

Next is #37. This is the last issue in the second act of the Bone saga (Old Man's Cave storyline). Other than the Bone Sourcebook, I think it's the only cover with all the major characters included. Big thanks to Joel Elad for both of these beauties! :cool:

bone37cgc98ss0962807008.jpg