• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,509 posts in this topic

On 12/20/2021 at 7:34 PM, Chief1332 said:

Yes.  Someone got a great book.

I was clicking the cart, and nothing was happening...lol.  Next time, I'll be quicker.

To nab a book that quick, you'd either have to get lucky... or else you literally have no life and are constantly refreshing the MCS listings.

...Or maybe just a bit of both.  :banana: 

On 12/20/2021 at 7:56 PM, Point Five said:

To nab a book that quick, you'd either have to get lucky... or else you literally have no life and are constantly refreshing the MCS listings.

...Or maybe just a bit of both.  :banana: 

Timing. 

I had been away and unavailable all day. 

Just happened to log on and check MCS, someone else was lucky last evening. 

I'll have another opportunity at another great book, as will we all.

On 12/21/2021 at 8:48 AM, Chief1332 said:

Timing. 

Absolutely. Ryan crushed it last week with that Suspense Comics #8 deal! There's a sweet book out there with your name on it.  (thumbsu

On 12/21/2021 at 10:30 AM, Point Five said:
On 12/21/2021 at 8:48 AM, Chief1332 said:

Timing. 

Absolutely. Ryan crushed it last week with that Suspense Comics #8 deal! There's a sweet book out there with your name on it.  (thumbsu

All about luck in timing. I'm still upset about not being fast enough to check out on an Albedo 1 for $6 last year. But I've also gotten some sweet scores, as mentioned, so I can't be too bummed.

On 12/21/2021 at 9:46 AM, Ryan. said:

All about luck in timing. I'm still upset about not being fast enough to check out on an Albedo 1 for $6 last year. But I've also gotten some sweet scores, as mentioned, so I can't be too bummed.

Yes sir. It's such a great feeling searching and finding that book, AND being the first to claim it.

I've found tough bakers locally, when purchasing small lots.  One in a very small collection from the original owner.  I bought 21 books from him, a few coverless, and a cigar box for $105.  Amazing what is still out there.  I need to employ a hair trigger at sites like MCS in order to be a player for books that I desire instead of relying on timing and luck.

On 12/21/2021 at 11:08 AM, Chief1332 said:

Yes sir. It's such a great feeling searching and finding that book, AND being the first to claim it.

I've found tough bakers locally, when purchasing small lots.  One in a very small collection from the original owner.  I bought 21 books from him, a few coverless, and a cigar box for $105.  Amazing what is still out there.  I need to employ a hair trigger at sites like MCS in order to be a player for books that I desire instead of relying on timing and luck.

I could be wrong, @mycomicshop but I think want list customers get an advance notice. GOD BLESS.... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 12/21/2021 at 1:36 PM, jimjum12 said:

I could be wrong, @mycomicshop but I think want list customers get an advance notice. GOD BLESS.... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

I'm sure it's automated, but I checked a particular book to see how many folks are on the WTB list.. 195, with 16 added in the last six months.  That seemed like a lot.  So I checked Hulk 181 WTB list.... 1583 with 50 added in the last six months.  It has to be automated.