• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,509 posts in this topic

On 11/22/2021 at 4:28 PM, szav said:

Right edge looks weird.  Is that a different book’s cover underneath the actual cover?  Hard to see what’s going on through the carnage here.

Yeah looks like it might be stacked on top of another book. So this is like a CGC 1.0? (The recent eBay listing said it was complete). For a "Fair" copy, at least the main image is all there!

On 11/22/2021 at 3:57 PM, szav said:
On 11/22/2021 at 3:38 PM, 10centcomics said:

Yeah looks like it might be stacked on top of another book.

I think you’re right.  Maybe those pages protruding from the bottom belong to the CL25.

It’s a mess for sure, but one Id be happy to have paid $30 for.

Edited 1 hour ago by szav

$30 yep; $4000 I've got other fish to fry.

On 11/23/2021 at 4:18 PM, RustyStaples said:

Just for posterity, the original sale on the CL25 was $600, not $30:

https://130point.com/sales/

Ah thanks for sharing that resource. On eBay's "sold" search, I guess it just shows (inaccurately) what the list price was or what the current bid was before the best offer was accepted. 

On 12/6/2021 at 5:05 PM, szav said:

Before or after it was dropped in the toilet?

From the 2nd sale pics it looks like a little spine manipulation was done.  Maybe a press too...  Still looks like dung tho...:whatthe:

Mine is not the greatest copy out there...but I only paid $37 for it.  Is that the lowest anyone here has ever gotten a CL25?  (and NO, it isn't for sale for $38...lol)  I remember in the early 90s DTA had two nice copies for sale in a Buyer's Guide ad, but I wasn't clued into Baker then...:(

On 12/7/2021 at 1:46 AM, Dr. Love said:

Ear to the ground, eyes open, who you know...as usual, one or more of those

doesn't come close to Ron's Mitzi page or Rick's Flamingo strip or Will's gorgeous St. John pages and maybe Scott has something Fiction? but late stage Baker is impossible to come by.  It's not the last thing he did, but it's close.  And Harvey no less.

Has the Mitzi page been posted anywhere?