• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,509 posts in this topic

On 11/2/2023 at 7:39 PM, comicnoir said:

It's taken from a panel page. Not meant to be a cover.

Not only that, but all the content in #9 is a reprint from #7. Difference being the photocover was replaced by an interior panel as Ron said.

The digest Teen-Age Diary Secrets #7 has more original Baker art than any other St. John romance issue.

On 11/3/2023 at 8:27 PM, Point Five said:

Here's a recent ebay pickup. So cool to finally own one of these Baker 100-pagers, and quite the intense cover theme. This copy unfortunately has moisture stains, but the price was right and I love the colors with these rich jade greens.

The same seller (seemed like a non-comic seller who didn't know what they had) also had up a PR #17 which looked great from the front but had a chunk out of the back... I dithered and it was gone. Curious if someone here picked it up. :wishluck:

pictorialromances18.thumb.jpg.ba070dddfe412824d49333901b561612.jpg

Such a heart-breaking cover.

There is so much about life depicted in one simple image.

On 11/3/2023 at 11:27 PM, Point Five said:

Here's a recent ebay pickup. So cool to finally own one of these Baker 100-pagers, and quite the intense cover theme. This copy unfortunately has moisture stains, but the price was right and I love the colors with these rich jade greens.

The same seller (seemed like a non-comic seller who didn't know what they had) also had up a PR #17 which looked great from the front but had a chunk out of the back... I dithered and it was gone. Curious if someone here picked it up. :wishluck:

pictorialromances18.thumb.jpg.ba070dddfe412824d49333901b561612.jpg

Sweet pickup, congrats! Almost reminds me of DS 20 with the heavier subject matter. Phenomenal cover.

On 10/29/2023 at 12:56 PM, LadyDeath said:

Untitled-1.jpg

I’ve been monitoring his sales for months now…it’s a common theme with many of his sales.  I won’t buy from him for this exact reason…similar books go for up to 30% less on other sites…marketing matters as does trust I guess - you will receive what you pay for…even better if you consign your books with him 😏

Edited by Mavrick76

On 11/5/2023 at 11:35 AM, Mavrick76 said:

I’ve been monitoring his sales for months now…it’s a common theme with many of his sales.  I won’t buy from him for this exact reason…similar books go for up to 30% less on other sites…marketing matters as does trust I guess - you will receive what you pay for…even better if you consign your books with him 😏

Yeah, definitely sketchy. It ends today and I contemplated going for it. Not sure now though.

On 11/5/2023 at 12:05 PM, LadyDeath said:

Yeah, definitely sketchy. It ends today and I contemplated going for it. Not sure now though.

I was Super tempted as well…I’ll stay on the sidelines and watch the bidding go to the moon 

Edited by Mavrick76

On 11/5/2023 at 5:58 PM, MBFan said:

Teen-Age Romances #42 ain't gonna go cheap. GoCollect shows only 6 CGC sales, and the last one was a 1.8 over a year ago for $528. 

This. I paid $725 for my raw 2.5/3.0 copy four years ago, as I recall. And trust me when I say, I'm not a rolls-out-of-bed-in-the-morning-and-says-hey-let's-set-a-new-GPA-today kind of guy.