• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,796 posts in this topic

On 2/6/2024 at 10:38 PM, Ricksneatstuff said:

I’ve had several nice Baker pickups recently. The others I will show at another time but here is a pretty one

IMG_6407.jpeg

One of my very favorites. Well done, Rick.  :applause:

On 2/8/2024 at 10:52 AM, Robot Man said:

Got this at CalCon. To me, a real second or third tier Baker but I didn’t have it and it was priced so right I couldn’t leave it.

IMG_8181.jpeg

Man, Hazel is a bee at ch…

On 2/8/2024 at 7:52 AM, Robot Man said:

Got this at CalCon. To me, a real second or third tier Baker but I didn’t have it and it was priced so right I couldn’t leave it.

IMG_8181.jpeg

always felt like this was a cartoonish version , not sure why the approach is so different. 

On 2/8/2024 at 6:58 PM, Changer said:

always felt like this was a cartoonish version , not sure why the approach is so different. 

Per GCD, this is from 1949, so maybe reasonably not quite as polished as his later St. John stuff.

On 2/8/2024 at 4:50 PM, szav said:

Any highest graded Baker at all seems like a 10k+ book now.  Granted this one seems pretty rare, but man, Baker romance is not for those light in the wallet.

image.thumb.png.cfbca6c812c1f90250aa3ad4e61ff000.png

Rare book, and really a lovely cover (even if that guy looks a little too large than his get-away girl).  The contents of my 1.0 copy are awesome.

On 2/8/2024 at 7:58 PM, Yorick said:

Rare book, and really a lovely cover (even if that guy looks a little too large than his get-away girl).  The contents of my 1.0 copy are awesome.

Your 1.0 copy, was that the recent one with the coupon cut or whatever in the front? That's awesome that you got one. Definitely a book I love and (against the odds) hope to own someday.

On 2/8/2024 at 4:58 PM, Yorick said:

The 6.0 is  2nd highest?

Edited by Changer

On 2/8/2024 at 5:51 PM, LadyDeath said:

Been following that one. Absolute insanity. Probably close to $15K when all said and done.

Seems like Bakers are back to skyrocketing - even low grade. No idea how I won my Diary Secrets 29 under $500.

show and tell us