• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,345 posts in this topic

On 12/12/2017 at 9:48 PM, Sqeggs said:

Dang.  I didn't even know it was going on.  Was he too dumb to put Baker in the titles of the listings? Or was I too dumb to notice when I got the eBay e-mails? hm

I was talking to Dale at NYCC and he told me he was going to be offering some Bakers.  I could have told everyone here, so everyone would have been ready for it, but I didn't cause I AM NOT A NICE PERSON.

(In the end my sins caught up with me as I didn't win any)

3 minutes ago, n2wdw said:
On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:48 PM, Sqeggs said:

Dang.  I didn't even know it was going on.  Was he too dumb to put Baker in the titles of the listings? Or was I too dumb to notice when I got the eBay e-mails? hm

I was talking to Dale at NYCC and he told me he was going to be offering some Bakers.  I could have told everyone here, so everyone would have been ready for it, but I didn't cause I AM NOT A NICE PERSON.

I just assumed everyone here already knew.   (shrug)

6 minutes ago, n2wdw said:

I had no idea Dale was auctioning books. I thought his E-Bay stuff is all BIN ? I didn't see him mention anything on the Boards, no announcements ? Maybe I'm just out of the loop.

3 hours ago, MrBedrock said:
3 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

....and now, back to our regularly scheduled program......

...... what about this Baker Romance Classic featuring a half nekkit jungle boy named Dale Roberts in the hotel pool at SDDCC wrestling Gator for dibs on a new collection? GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

veQNKq2.jpg

fixed (thumbsu

Fixed the fix

1 hour ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I had no idea Dale was auctioning books. I thought his E-Bay stuff is all BIN ? I didn't see him mention anything on the Boards, no announcements ? Maybe I'm just out of the loop.

Yeah, usually he does a promo on the boards, but if he did one this time, I missed it.

Bakers are back from the other guy...

Cinderella Love 29...5.0...

Going Steady 11...5.5

and a few others came back not so bad either...to digress...

Archie's Madhouse 22 15 cent variant (not listed on the label despite my making a big deal about it at submission) 3.5

Superboy 68 4.0

Mystery Tales 19 4.5

Guns Against Gangsters 6 9.0

all in all I am very happy save the variant not being mentioned and hoping the Superboy would've come back higher...

Awesome results with the Bakers though! :banana:

Edited by PeterPark

18 hours ago, PeterPark said:

Going Steady 11...5.5

Archie's Madhouse 22 15 cent variant (not listed on the label despite my making a big deal about it at submission) 3.5

Superboy 68 4.0

Mystery Tales 19 4.5

all in all I am very happy save the variant not being mentioned and hoping the Superboy would've come back higher...

Good stuff.  Particularly that Cindy 29.  One of my favorites. 

19 hours ago, PeterPark said:

Going Steady 11...5.5

Superboy 68 4.0

Mystery Tales 19 4.5

Guns Against Gangsters #6 in 9.0?  Let's see it!

My copy of Seven Seas #1 has arrived... and the coloring on Melody's swimsuit tickles me.  Expected it to be more drab; happy camper here.  Here's a page via comicbookplus:

16.thumb.jpg.f4c7093eb9ddab4be04157f8aa68d001.jpg

Compared to the original art for the page, still the fave in my collection ! - http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1425736

14 hours ago, torontodesignguy said:

5a389770e67e0_ScreenShot2017-12-18at11_36_47PM.png.446c24bdccc3ac215c74dde575e5fbe1.png

Finally starting to organize my collection and found this one misfiled with my Classic Illustrated set  - it's missing a few pages but presents well

Either your scanner is doing a fantastic job at enhancing the color or that is a copy that has never seen the light of day.  Beautiful!

4 hours ago, Yorick said:

Either your scanner is doing a fantastic job at enhancing the color or that is a copy that has never seen the light of day.  Beautiful!

Thanks --I can't figure out how to turn off any auto scanner settings --- I"m not doing any post scan processing to bump the colours and they are nice on this book - but they scanner seems to add some yellow 

rusty bottom staple and some discolouration to the top 

1 hour ago, torontodesignguy said:

Thanks --I can't figure out how to turn off any auto scanner settings --- I"m not doing any post scan processing to bump the colours and they are nice on this book - but they scanner seems to add some yellow 

rusty bottom staple and some discolouration to the top 

does your scanner have a button for "levels"?  If so, you can change the intensity of colors to match the book almost perfectly.  Levels would look like an equalizer graph...

1 hour ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

does your scanner have a button for "levels"?  If so, you can change the intensity of colors to match the book almost perfectly.  Levels would look like an equalizer graph...

a-ha ! thanks for the guidance. 

I do now see a manual use setting- I have to scan the book - adjust Brightness, Tint, Temperature and Saturation (all 4 to get it closer) and then rescan the book with those settings.  

Here is another scan that now doesn't look quite as nice as the book in hand - but more accurate than the first. 

5a39d538a2f56_ScreenShot2017-12-19at10_07_58PM.png.6a03a56ecb6e8a5a440a7464b55bbd43.png

12 hours ago, torontodesignguy said:

I do now see a manual use setting- I have to scan the book - adjust Brightness, Tint, Temperature and Saturation (all 4 to get it closer) and then rescan the book with those settings.  

Here is another scan that now doesn't look quite as nice as the book in hand - but more accurate than the first. 

5a39d538a2f56_ScreenShot2017-12-19at10_07_58PM.png.6a03a56ecb6e8a5a440a7464b55bbd43.png

It's tough to get scans to look as good as the actual books.  Sometimes I have to put the scans into photoshop to get the reds, greens, and blues close to reality.  Silver DCs are really tough to get colors correct on...and if there's any tanning around the cover edges the scanner always makes them too dark.  That's a real pain to try and fix...

Glad to help...(thumbsu

Edited by Tri-ColorBrian

15 hours ago, torontodesignguy said:

...what a beautiful copy..... there are colors on this one that I didn't remember even being there ...... now I'm wanting one :whatthe: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Getting back to the scanner thing...I pulled this book from its hiding place today and compared it to my original scan.  It was off, and certain colors were too light.  So, I put the scan in photoshop and fixed it as best I could.  Now the colors match, almost.  The red areas are still not red enough...but i can't fix that.  Can anyone see a difference?  I did this for two other Bakers, and if there's any interest I'll show those too.

The original scan, followed by the fixed scan.

16544385301_cf5e41e024_c.jpg

Fixed Scan

38479094034_27fb08689e_c.jpg

Edited by Tri-ColorBrian