• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,336 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, comicnoir said:

I saw a low grade copy of this go for $$$ on the boards, so I thought I'd post my copy, which may be my first Baker.

crown comics 4.jpeg

I wonder if they were all one staple copies?

13 minutes ago, Yorick said:

I wonder if they were all one staple copies?

The Mile High copy is, along with 2 other copies sold on Ha.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/crown-comics-4-mile-high-pedigree-golfing-inc-1945-cgc-nm-94-off-white-to-white-pages/a/7097-93095.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

Edited by comicnoir

Well, 3 people liked the example I showed, but didn't say they wanted to see any others...so...I'll show one other anyway... lol  The blue shirt is darker.  the red is a little richer and darker.

Original scan

15923100134_f4ce7a1615_c.jpg

Fixed scan

24326217137_dc544dd826_c.jpg

Edited by Tri-ColorBrian

5 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

What kind of person would offer that?? B|

More importantly who in the world wouldn’t take it? :baiting: :wink:

Why are these knuckleheads allowed to run around loose! 

6 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Well, 3 people liked the example I showed, but didn't say they wanted to see any others...so...I'll show one other anyway... lol  The blue shirt is darker.  the red is a little richer and darker.

Original scan

15923100134_f4ce7a1615_c.jpg

Fixed scan

24326217137_dc544dd826_c.jpg

:golfclap:

14 hours ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Getting back to the scanner thing...I pulled this book from its hiding place today and compared it to my original scan.  It was off, and certain colors were too light.  So, I put the scan in photoshop and fixed it as best I could.  Now the colors match, almost.  The red areas are still not red enough...but i can't fix that.  Can anyone see a difference?  I did this for two other Bakers, and if there's any interest I'll show those too.

The original scan, followed by the fixed scan.

16544385301_cf5e41e024_c.jpg

Fixed Scan

38479094034_27fb08689e_c.jpg

I'm not sure that I understand.  The top scan shows the book as it is and the bottom scan is the one you'll use when you try to sell it? hm

So, now i need to pull all my Bakers and see if the scans match the actual books, and if not...well...it's off to photoshop we go...except for the one's I got from Sqeggs.  They are in such poor shape that it really doesn't matter.  :baiting:

Edited by Tri-ColorBrian

4 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

So, now i need to pull all my Bakers and see if the scans match the actual books, and if not...well...it's off to photoshop we go...except for the one's I got from Sqeggs.  They are in such poor shape that it really doesn't matter.  :baiting:

Think of your return on investment with those beauties.  Better than bitcoin, I tell ya!