• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,327 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

BTW, took a close look at this beauty yesterday (out of the mylar) and if it isn't a 9.2 it's very, very close...Can we even imagine a $10,000 Baker right now?  Well, I'm sure Rick can... lol

27409281569_9f249c716f_c.jpg

Send 'er in for grading!  I don't think it would do $10K, but I'm sure it would do more than $5K. 

54 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

I'm afraid to send it anywhere...

You could overnight the books to CGC to minimize the time you are in suspense about them arriving safely.  If you want to be very cautious, you can send them registered.  But that can take a while and the tracking can be spotty in my experience, so the suspense factor can be higher.

Or you can take them to a con that CGC attends and hand the books to them directly.

1 minute ago, Sqeggs said:

You could overnight the books to CGC to minimize the time you are in suspense about them arriving safely.  If you want to be very cautious, you can send them registered.  But that can take a while and the tracking can be spotty in my experience, so the suspense factor can be higher.

Or you can take them to a con that CGC attends and hand the books to them directly.

Or...you could visit AZ and look a them... lol

1 hour ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

I think you need to visit AZ and inspect my books...

Is that an open invitation?  I'll drive over from CA!

That TAR43 is HOT!  The 42 looks real nice, but I'd wager CGC would give it a 7.5 right now.  Couple years ago they'd have given it an 8.5.

9 minutes ago, Yorick said:

Is that an open invitation?  I'll drive over from CA!

That TAR43 is HOT!  The 42 looks real nice, but I'd wager CGC would give it a 7.5 right now.  Couple years ago they'd have given it an 8.5.

Sure, why not...or i can bring some to Terry's show and you can see them there.  maybe I'll even bite the bullet and submit a couple there...

10 hours ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:
10 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Thanks! :smile:

Damn, now i have to sell my books to Steve...:roflmao:

:whatthe:  I guess I'm going to have to drive right out there! :sumo:

Let's see ... it's about 2,500 miles ... I should arrive on Christmas Day. hm

Can you serve goose for dinner? :)

On 12/21/2017 at 10:04 AM, Tri-ColorBrian said:

BTW, took a close look at this beauty yesterday (out of the mylar) and if it isn't a 9.2 it's very, very close...Can we even imagine a $10,000 Baker right now?  Well, I'm sure Rick can... lol

27409281569_9f249c716f_c.jpg

Looking mighty fine, let us know the results ! : )

Fixed another bad scan...the blue sky is still a tad too dark on the new scan, but much, much closer to reality than on the original...and I also erased that number 5 in the heart at the top...

I just never noticed when I scanned these books 3 years ago that the colors were too light...:p

Original scan

16360190657_19eb03dc95_z.jpg

Fixed Scan

24387780617_31fd738781_z.jpg

Edited by Tri-ColorBrian