• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,347 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, N e r V said:

hm

I’m going to disagree. The copy I bought from you looks much tighter than that copy and it seems to have a fair amount of tanning to it’s cover/PQ. It might hit 4.0 but mine still has much better eye appeal IMO. 

It’s now crossed into $1,225.00 with 9 days to go now.

If this is the new pricing I need to send Ricksneatstuff some petit fours for Christmas. lol 

I’ll take That.  :banana:

On 12/2/2017 at 7:10 AM, Sqeggs said:

It is a nice copy.  If I'm reading the description correctly, the seller bought it years ago because he thinks the woman looks like Bettie Page!  I think Baker actually based her Jane Russell.  I believe somewhere in this thread, somebody posted a photo of Russell in a similar pose.

A somewhat ragged copy of Baker's little Cinderella book is also up on eBay.

It looks like a better copy than the last one on ebay.  Bright color too.

I recall the Jane Russell photo, and believe that was one of Joanna's postings.

Back to my comparisons between the UK and US versions of Manhunt....  here is issue #2:

(I apologize for the poor photo lighting, but I didn't want to break the spines by putting them on the scanner.  The upper right girl has a yellow background which is difficult to see against the yellowing paper quality.  The bottom right image may not be Baker.  There's another image I omitted which did not look like Baker work at all.  I have found less and less Baker work as the issues progress.)

Manhunt Baker EDIT 2.jpg

Does the Teenage Romances #32 currently on eBay have an extra staple added by someone. I can’t tell for sure but it looks kind of like a staple was added on the first page and ends in the center of the book. If it’s not a staple I’m not sure what that is then?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TEEN-AGE-ROMANCES-32-VG-ST-JOHN-MATT-BAKER-COVER-1953-Only-14-in-the-CGC-Census-/132417825734

F4516930-A931-46EA-B9FD-59FF39B54978.jpeg.df219538b4871ce57c890eae2e4b10b1.jpegD7DDFDAF-937F-4B70-84C4-E8CFB2771BFA.thumb.jpeg.abcacc9ad89519606d48f2b19114db82.jpeg

1 hour ago, N e r V said:

Does the Teenage Romances #32 currently on eBay have an extra staple added by someone. I can’t tell for sure but it looks kind of like a staple was added on the first page and ends in the center of the book. If it’s not a staple I’m not sure what that is then?

Are you talking about that mark down below the bottom staple? 

Not sure, either.  Why not ask the seller?  

1 hour ago, N e r V said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TEEN-AGE-ROMANCES-32-VG-ST-JOHN-MATT-BAKER-COVER-1953-Only-14-in-the-CGC-Census-/132417825734

F4516930-A931-46EA-B9FD-59FF39B54978.jpeg.df219538b4871ce57c890eae2e4b10b1.jpegD7DDFDAF-937F-4B70-84C4-E8CFB2771BFA.thumb.jpeg.abcacc9ad89519606d48f2b19114db82.jpeg

Ink or pen mark?

2 hours ago, Point Five said:

I hate to see him throw away his reputation on a worthless love.
But in fairness, she is pretty hot, so... (shrug)

pictorialconfessions1.jpg.81c9826b28f2bafe9eadff758bf25c1e.jpg

SHE is throwing away her reputation because HIS love is worthless!  These books were meant for the ladies... right?

I don't recall ever seeing a Canadian version of this issue.  Cool.

12 hours ago, Yorick said:

SHE is throwing away her reputation because HIS love is worthless!  These books were meant for the ladies... right?

I don't recall ever seeing a Canadian version of this issue.  Cool.

Oh yeah?  How many ladies post in this thread? :baiting: