• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,347 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, CrocHntr said:

Happy to finally get an upgrade for this one.  Probably a Fine at best, but these are so hard to find in decent condition, so I'm thrilled to have it.

Fightin Marines 2.jpg

Nice copy of one of the tougher issues.

10 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Gave up one of the cooler Raboy Fawcetts in a trade for this one.

64705663-e3fc-4885-a704-55d6b2c4ae34_zps

Here's the splash from the Baker story inside..... all the interior stuff is decent..... a fantastic Feldstein story too... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

I82Q5AE.jpg

14 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Issue 6?  It's generally credited to him.  The man looks like Baker's style from that period.  I assume that the face of the female figure is intended to be ghastly.  

Even Baker's Bad Girls look good.......... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

10 hours ago, kat123 said:

nice upgrade. Wonder if any Baker Romance collector on this boards owns, the Fightin Marines #11 CGC 7.5 Salida copy????

Don't know.  That one is apparently not Baker, though.

On 7/7/2017 at 11:09 AM, sagii said:

I just did an eBay search and took the plunge on copy slabbed by the dreaded P*X.

I know it's a gamble but I know the seller and trust your experience on whether it was a rare opportunity to grab one. It stands out also because the image of the girl was used on the Baker tribute book.  

I  leave my C**S books as is but will ultimately crack this P*X one out and submit to CGC :wishluck:

What was the P*X grade?  I have several Baker's in those slabs that look accurately labeled/graded.  I have heard one or two horror stories though...

1 hour ago, Yorick said:

What was the P*X grade?  I have several Baker's in those slabs that look accurately labeled/graded.  I have heard one or two horror stories though...

Hey Yorick, it was a 6.0. Well presenting copy,  but no pic of back cover, but again, I've had numerous transactions with the seller. Will be interesting to see what CGC grades it.

1 hour ago, sagii said:

Hey Yorick, it was a 6.0. Well presenting copy,  but no pic of back cover, but again, I've had numerous transactions with the seller. Will be interesting to see what CGC grades it.

I had that in my watchlist and was considering pulling the trigger. Only reason I didn't was I just had two awful P*X nightmares in a row. I wish you the best sir (thumbsu

2 minutes ago, otherworldsj331 said:

Baker romance art has become some of my favorite comics ever. Big change when as a kid in the late 60's when iI would not even look at romance comics.

I know what you mean.  I honestly can't recall even seeing them on the stands, but I know they must have been there.  That's how little impression they made on me then.

Just now, otherworldsj331 said:

Gives me an idea to see if I can commission a couple of artists to mimic their styles as a penciler and inker for a cover or a panel page.

Sounds great.  Love to see the results if you end up doing it. 

15 minutes ago, otherworldsj331 said:

Baker romance art has become some of my favorite comics ever. Big change when as a kid in the late 60's when iI would not even look at romance comics.

Art and covers yes, but I still can't get through reading most of them...

7 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Art and covers yes, but I still can't get through reading most of them...

I like reading most of them. Some suck, but most were ahead of their time in some ways. I forgot the writer's name, Dana something? He was a good writer for those times.