• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,347 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, sagii said:

Bought a batch of 1950's Australian edition Romance comics on eBay. This was one of the standouts: Digest sized 'Sweethearts Library #48'. It contains stories from a variety of publishers, but this has a few Baker St. John stories included. According to GCD, i thnk it's the only issue with Baker stuff. Nice painted cover too. 

Sweethearts Library #48 (Australian).jpg

Nice.  This was in my watch list.  If they had posted photos of those black and white interior pages it would have been mine!

20 minutes ago, Yorick said:

Nice.  This was in my watch list.  If they had posted photos of those black and white interior pages it would have been mine!

Thanks! Much appreciated ( but you can  imagine much to my delight how glad I am they didn't) :baiting:

You established Baker boys don't leave meat on the bone :D

41 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

New Baker rolled into the pile. Not real fond of his Quality work, but I couldn't pass it up for the price

comweddingbells15.jpg

Those still go cheap but for how long 

4 hours ago, Robot Man said:

New Baker rolled into the pile. Not real fond of his Quality work, but I couldn't pass it up for the price

comweddingbells15.jpg

I have not seen this one before.  Really cool.  Looks like a swipe, and only of the central figure.

2 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I agree- it went at a reasonable price. Good buy! (thumbsu

Yeah I was surprised - and very happy of course - at the closing price.  My max bid was about double that. But the spine is split almost halfway up the comic so that probably kept people away.

3 minutes ago, n2wdw said:

Yeah I was surprised - and very happy of course - at the closing price.  My max bid was about double that. But the spine is split almost halfway up the comic so that probably kept people away.

I was the underbidder, and I was buying it to resell at some point, so I think you got it for a decent price. Classic book. 

8 hours ago, n2wdw said:

Glad I forgot. At double that price you would have beat me anyway. Just glad I didn't run it up on you needlessly. It's a great book!

13 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Glad I forgot. At double that price you would have beat me anyway. Just glad I didn't run it up on you needlessly. It's a great book!

I'm glad too! B|

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 5:50 PM, otherworldsj331 said:

That's not a bad idea...

I posted several covers that I made up several years ago.  One of the most popular (one person said they liked it) was the She-Wolf cover. 

3321226492_6d617c4d74_o.jpg

There are a few Canadian publications that have used Baker splash pages for covers too.  I remember one but created another. 

2371231280_ce6a440eeb_o.jpg