• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,347 posts in this topic

58 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I had that in my watchlist and was considering pulling the trigger. Only reason I didn't was I just had two awful P*X nightmares in a row. I wish you the best sir (thumbsu

Thanks Rick. I had a Timely years ago i bought as P*X, but had reslabbed by CGC, only to have it come back 3 point lower. I currently have a gorgeous Hangman Comics #2 i've had for a few years i bought P*X slabbed, i want to get it  CGC slabbed but am so afraid, so for now it will stay. 

The Crown #4 presents very well. I have a good feeling about it.

14 hours ago, sagii said:

Thanks Rick. I had a Timely years ago i bought as P*X, but had reslabbed by CGC, only to have it come back 3 point lower. I currently have a gorgeous Hangman Comics #2 i've had for a few years i bought P*X slabbed, i want to get it  CGC slabbed but am so afraid, so for now it will stay. 

The Crown #4 presents very well. I have a good feeling about it.

I had a couple of their older books and I cracked them out and kept them raw. I was reasonably OK with them. Maybe a grade or two off but I got them cheap. Good luck with the Crown Corey!

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

I had a couple of their older books and I cracked them out and kept them raw. I was reasonably OK with them. Maybe a grade or two off but I got them cheap. Good luck with the Crown Corey!

Thanks RM! And good luck with your incomparable Thread.  It all will work out in the end, but certainly keep posting there.  It's a Gold Forum staple. (worship)

19 hours ago, otherworldsj331 said:

You got it. I will post it here if I ever get it done, which I think I will. It may take a while...

Any suggestions on what cover? I am open to anyone else giving a suggestion on what cover and maybe even what artists to seek out to do it.

Find some obscure interior work and have it recreated as a cover (like this:)

TAR46 (663x1024).jpg

I read that Baker did a Cinderella story (not the Cinderella Love, but the glass slipper Cinderella).  Anyone has any info on that?

4 hours ago, n2wdw said:

Thanks for posting

for some time I've wondered what this looked like

Ditto.  Now I want to see the inside!

Interesting to see copies of Going Steady 14 pop up here and there - as a last issue, the inclination is to think it's more scarce than prior issues but apparently that isn't the case.

48 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

Interesting to see copies of Going Steady 14 pop up here and there - as a last issue, the inclination is to think it's more scarce than prior issues but apparently that isn't the case.

I think a few high sales prices can shake loose some raw copies.  All the GS issues seem pretty scarce.  An 8.0 copy of issue 11 is the highest graded copy of any issue on the CGC census. Issue 14 still has only 4 graded copies. 

21 hours ago, sacentaur said:

20 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

I think a few high sales prices can shake loose some raw copies.  All the GS issues seem pretty scarce.  An 8.0 copy of issue 11 is the highest graded copy of any issue on the CGC census. Issue 14 still has only 4 graded copies. 

I personally think that 14 is the easiest.  I hope that a 13 will shake loose soon...

1 hour ago, Yorick said:

I personally think that 14 is the easiest.  I hope that a 13 will shake loose soon...

I don't care a whole lot for the cover of GS 13... nevertheless, I found a double cover copy in about 4.5/5.0.  Why couldn't that have been an issue I like a lot?  A GS 10, for example?  Or 12...