• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,359 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, comicnoir said:

Anyone notice the Giant Comics Edition 15 in 5.0 (Crippen) sold on the CLink tonight for $4150.00?

11 years ago the John Mclaughlin copy sold on Ha for over $1400.00 in raw 6.0. It was graded as 5.5 (still highest graded) and promptly resold for $717.00. Those days are over.

I saw it the second it came up on adamstrange thread and wasted time with PMs and then it went.

Edited by Ricksneatstuff

1 hour ago, Ricksneatstuff said:
7 hours ago, comicnoir said:

Anyone notice the Giant Comics Edition 15 in 5.0 (Crippen) sold on the CLink tonight for $4150.00?

11 years ago the John Mclaughlin copy sold on Ha for over $1400.00 in raw 6.0. It was graded as 5.5 (still highest graded) and promptly resold for $717.00. Those days are over.

I saw it the second it came up on adamstrange thread and wasted time with PMs and then it went.

Ah, ok.  From adamstrange to a board buyer to CLink?  Nice flip.

I have this one.  Obviously, the number right on her forehead is an issue.  I just had some success with CCS removing pencil marks from another book.  But that was in a white area.  I wonder if they could remove this writing without a loss of color? hm

lf_zps9af47bd3.jpeg

5 hours ago, comicnoir said:

And the Seven Seas 6 went for $25K.:whatthe:

I figured it would be in the $15K range and might make $20K, but $25K surprised me.

I was saying to another boardie that I think the GGA rather than the Baker angle drove it to that level and that a CL 25 in the same condition/ped wouldn't end that high, but I could easily be wrong.

Well, it won't hurt, that's for sure.  But that book was so out there compared with the next highest graded copies being two 7.0s and being a Church copy and having white pages and being well-centered ....  So, if another mid-grade copy comes up, it may get a bit of a bump, but won't soar, imo.

2 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Well, it won't hurt, that's for sure.  But that book was so out there compared with the next highest graded copies being two 7.0s and being a Church copy and having white pages and being well-centered ....  So, if another mid-grade copy comes up, it may get a bit of a bump, but won't soar, imo.

I agree.

I think the best example we have seen of this is the mega high Startling 49 sale. The book has had a 25-50% bump but not the 2-3X move. 

5 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Ah, ok.  From adamstrange to a board buyer to CLink?  Nice flip.

I have this one.  Obviously, the number right on her forehead is an issue.  I just had some success with CCS removing pencil marks from another book.  But that was in a white area.  I wonder if they could remove this writing without a loss of color? hm

lf_zps9af47bd3.jpeg

..If you tilt your head a little to the right and 'blur' your vision, it looks like a stylized spit curl (:. I'd leave it as is 2c

Great pick up last night, always interesting to see what you've added to collection (and whats locked in and 'new' to revealed :baiting: )

7 hours ago, sagii said:

..If you tilt your head a little to the right and 'blur' your vision, it looks like a stylized spit curl (:. I'd leave it as is 2c

Great pick up last night, always interesting to see what you've added to collection (and whats locked in and 'new' to revealed :baiting: )

I'll try to remember this line if I ever decide to sell it! :)

3 minutes ago, comicjack said:

I was thinking the same has the world gone crazy lol

If prices keep going up for another year or two, I am going to slab and sell my collection. 

Prices are just nuts across the board for anything good, and I don't think it will continue long-term. F/VF copies of random Cole Blue Bolts went for $1500+. Any decent silver key goes for 2-20x what it did just a few years ago. Classic horror books sell for up to 10x what they brought in 2013/2014. etc, etc, etc 

Edited by october

Just now, october said:

If prices keep going up for another year or two, I am going to slab and sell my collection. 

Prices are just nuts across the board for anything good, and I don't think it will continue long-term. 

i agree things are going the way of the stock market