• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,377 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Got this one in a trade from my local "old guy" collector friend this weekend. Seems to be popular here if I remember correctly.

comteenageromances32.jpg

Nice one RM :applause: Those 'girlie' books are growing on you i see :baiting:

40 minutes ago, comicnoir said:

Then let me qualify this. I need an old guy who'll sell me his Bakers, doesn't have to be cheap. 

He won't sell anything. He will only trade. He doesn't care about condition and he uses Overstreet. He would always prefer a pile of low grade readers than one nice book. He has been collecting his whole like and he is 74. Mind blowing collection. Has Action #1 and most of the GA keys. Always fun to go over to his house! He's got a couple more Bakers I have my eye on  B|

4 minutes ago, N e r V said:

CGC is back in business today because they just finished grading my Diary Secrets #17...:banana:

Lets see what my under 50 bucks copy gets...

IMG_0550.JPG.8c0475487d4ee47505b7b58b89d099a0.JPG

4.5?

9 minutes ago, N e r V said:

CGC is back in business today because they just finished grading my Diary Secrets #17...:banana:

Lets see what my under 50 bucks copy gets...

IMG_0550.JPG.8c0475487d4ee47505b7b58b89d099a0.JPG

Is that a dust shadow along the spine, or tape residue? hm

2 minutes ago, Robot Man said:
12 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Who cares, he said it was under $50.!!!

Right, but I think it matters for guessing the grade.  If it's tape residue (or a water stain?), then maybe it will be only a 3.5 or so. 

22 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

It's a bad photo for one. lol

I'll post the grade soon since it should be in the shipping mode soon and when I get it back the actual book.

3 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

No I think what you are seeing is a shadow on the spine and along the bottom of the book it makes it appear faded which it isn't.   

It was a quick shot on my phones camera before dropping it off at SDCC. 

I don't think it had any tape residue either although my inspection of it was super quick and it's been sitting for a little bit. It was super on the cheap with cost but now I feel guilty about not taking a better picture because that bottom looks like it has sun fade. doh!