• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,322 posts in this topic

Really, Sagii, with an undercopy to help offset the purchase, I'd shoot for the stars on the 7.5 - and that looks like a mighty tight 7.5 too, hot off the slab press.

I had forgotten that the 5.5 is a Nancy book too, as far as I'm concerned and have often expressed, a genuine OO romance ped.  Maybe the only true romance ped, as the others were somewhat indiscriminate in their taste.

Over/under at 10K?

notes are on me, boys

like I said - that's one tight 7.5.  And the colors are exceptional.  Either you guys are off or I'm going to be the proud new owner at $7500 - with BP.  I have been known to lead with my mouth, though, wallet to follow sometimes, not always!

medium stain right top of back cover
small stain right bottom of back cover
very light wear top of front cover breaks color
very small crease right bottom of front cover breaks color
very small crease top of front cover breaks color
very small staple tear bottom of spine

I assume the medium stain on the back cover is the one near the model's left hand.  I think that they must have eased up a bit on stains for this book to have received a 7.5.  Smaller stains than that have been resulting in big point deductions. 

3 hours ago, Dr. Love said:

Really, Sagii, with an undercopy to help offset the purchase, I'd shoot for the stars on the 7.5 - and that looks like a mighty tight 7.5 too, hot off the slab press.

I had forgotten that the 5.5 is a Nancy book too, as far as I'm concerned and have often expressed, a genuine OO romance ped.  Maybe the only true romance ped, as the others were somewhat indiscriminate in their taste.

Over/under at 10K?

My Baker collection is comprised of Non St. John Romance books ( it was the option to have him rrepresented in my collection without taking on another pricey run/subset on my plate. For me, it is THE Baker St. John Romance cover to have ifI was going to make the one exception. hm

4 minutes ago, sagii said:

My Baker collection is comprised of Non St. John Romance books ( it was the option to have him rrepresented in my collection without taking on another pricey run/subset on my plate. For me, it is THE Baker St. John Romance cover to have, ifI was so I'm going to make the one exception. hm

FTFY

Fresh back from cgc! I had plans to keep this one but I owe an auction house a Fairly significant sum of money. So Ill probably have to throw it up on the selling block. Does $2500OBO sound fair to you guys? Next to no sales data and I got a pretty good deal on it (I think).

20180521115057769_0001.thumb.jpg.4d5c44e978482a597fdfa39b751bc1c2.jpg

Edited by domuhnator

7 minutes ago, domuhnator said:

Fresh back from cgc! I had plans to keep this one but I owe an auction house a Fairly significant sum of money. So Ill probably have to throw it up on the selling block. Does $2500OBO sound fair to you guys? Next to no sales data and I got a pretty good deal on it (I think).

Such a nice, bright copy, with good pq, of a classic that $2,500 sounds low.  If it were me, I'd auction it and let the chips fall where they may.  But if you want to guard against a low result, then I guess a BIN is the way to go. 

4 hours ago, domuhnator said:

Psychologically BIN's can work against you. I've seen many BIN's not sell, then go for more at auction. What a great cover. Very interested in what you eventually get because the sales data is scarce on this.

17 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Such a nice, bright copy, with good pq, of a classic that $2,500 sounds low.  If it were me, I'd auction it and let the chips fall where they may.  But if you want to guard against a low result, then I guess a BIN is the way to go. 

I Would be Happy with $2500 but if it does for more that would be awesome. Ill probably try selling it here first and then go the auction route.

13 hours ago, comicnoir said:

Psychologically BIN's can work against you. I've seen many BIN's not sell, then go for more at auction. What a great cover. Very interested in what you eventually get because the sales data is scarce on this.

Thats very true. I Have seen that as well. But it goes the other way as too.

For sure! Ill let you know if/when it sell.

13 minutes ago, comicnoir said:

Thought I'd show off my PR 14. Thanks to a boardie.

Single highest graded copy.

Line is through scan, obviously.

Pictorial Romances 14.jpg

Beautiful copy of a tough book!