• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,544 posts in this topic

On 11/28/2023 at 8:41 AM, pmpknface said:

Killer book - congrats!  You get you $'s worth on this one, not just 1 but 4 babes on the cover! 

Question:  If it's her wrist that's sprained, why is he holding her?  :p   Answer:  Who cares! :D 

Plus, she apparently lost her thumb!  Matt Baker had an aversion to drawing them…

Depicting the lead story involving the prospect of kissing cousins, infidelity, pregnancy, and blackmail.  Johnny's just no good. 

There's a confusing change in hair color of the heroine (red on the cover and splash, blonde everywhere else).  I'd guess it's a Dana Dutch script, but it's not listed as such at the GCD.

https://digitalcomicmuseum.com/index.php?dlid=17306

Edited by Darwination

On 11/29/2023 at 12:10 PM, MusterMark said:

Gotta love his style.  "I'm staying. Tell him I'm your cousin."  Yep, that is what I would do too.

And of course SHE's the one who's gotta sell his lame cover story. Hello?? Emotional labor??   doh! 

On 11/29/2023 at 1:23 AM, Darwination said:

Got excited when I saw a 3.0 at Comiclink of the issue saying one of 2 graded copies.  But no, 10 copies in census.

20231129_004750.jpg

I think the one I saw on ComicLink said it was "one of the top 2 graded", not "one of 2 graded", but in either case, it would be wrong.

Yeah, looking at the ish now, it says both.  I think people tend to check such claims anyways - I know I do.

Price: $600   (pending)
Condition: CGC 3.0 GVG
Census Rank: 2nd Highest Graded
Census Highlight: One of the Top 2 Graded Overall!
Page Quality: Cream to Off-White Pages
Type of Holder: Universal
Degree Of Restoration: Unrestored

Pedigree or Highlight: One of only 2 Graded by CGC!

Really, I was just hoping to smoke out some super sweet copy one of these mooks around here likely is holding so I could see it in high grade.  Looks like a 7.5 and 7.0 are the top two of the ten in the census

I did see a 7.0 of #17 sell there in the last auction, too, a fun cover ($3,734):
RAD2638A20231031_173717.jpg

On 12/1/2023 at 1:52 AM, Darwination said:

Yeah, looking at the ish now, it says both.  I think people tend to check such claims anyways - I know I do.

Price: $600   (pending)
Condition: CGC 3.0 GVG
Census Rank: 2nd Highest Graded
Census Highlight: One of the Top 2 Graded Overall!
Page Quality: Cream to Off-White Pages
Type of Holder: Universal
Degree Of Restoration: Unrestored

Pedigree or Highlight: One of only 2 Graded by CGC!

Really, I was just hoping to smoke out some super sweet copy one of these mooks around here likely is holding so I could see it in high grade.  Looks like a 7.5 and 7.0 are the top two of the ten in the census

I did see a 7.0 of #17 sell there in the last auction, too, a fun cover ($3,734):

Actually, you're right - I was wrong (well, with half of it).  It does say both that it was one of only 2 graded and also one of the 2 highest graded.

About the only thing I don't like about ComicLink's stuff is that the descriptions/info can be off at times.  I've seen it happen a few times, and I usually do check the info on the slab to make sure it matches with what is being stated as being sold.

On 12/1/2023 at 4:48 AM, LadyDeath said:

Potential dumb question:

Is manually searching titles (i.e. "Pictorial") in exchange/auction the only way to find Bakers listed on ComicLink?

Try going to advanced and searching "Baker" in the description.  It's what I do for LB Cole books, but it's not always 100% accurate.  With some of the more obscure covers there's no description.  Besides that, it's looking at every listing.  Unless anyone else has a better way???

On 12/1/2023 at 8:24 AM, pmpknface said:

Try going to advanced and searching "Baker" in the description.  It's what I do for LB Cole books, but it's not always 100% accurate.  With some of the more obscure covers there's no description.  Besides that, it's looking at every listing.  Unless anyone else has a better way???

That works, infinitely better than what I was doing. I looked at the advanced search before but glossed over putting his name in the description. Thought I had to fill out all the information fields so I didn't bother. Admittedly I'm not super familiar with ComicLink and just started using it recently.

Edited by LadyDeath