• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

Through the Facebook page and Image Boards I don't think I have seen a more discussed issue than 110.

+1

There was a lot of discussion between 63 and 64, but not like this. People are getting pretty emotional on the Image boards.

Happiness is walking into your LCS and finding two minty copies on the stand at cover price(-15%)

Happiness is also calling your LCS and having them put two minty copies into your pull at cover price(-15%)

Edited by Hawkman

Funny timing for your comment. I tend to agree.

I was expecting MUCH more from the online reaction.

The previous few issues were better by a long shot.

Patrick

Yea the online reaction made me go out of my way to pick up my books. I slid this to the top when I got home too.

I also felt like the Eve moment was maybe bigger than the shock moment at the end.

Eve doesn't deserve him...way too emotional.

So when she's fat, she's all lovey dovey all over him, now that she's lost a ton of weight she doesn't want anything to do with him.

Edited by krighton

On a true shock level this issue pales in comparison to 108.

I disagree. I think we all saw Robot's heel turn coming. We were discussing it here before it happened.

Don't get me wrong, I loved issue 108, but 110 had a higher shock level. Because even though the readers knew Anissa had the hots for Invincible, nobody expected it was going to go down like that.

Funny timing for your comment. I tend to agree.

I was expecting MUCH more from the online reaction.

The previous few issues were better by a long shot.

Patrick

I'm glad I read it before it was spoiled.

Nothing worse than hype to ruin a geniune surprise to a story. The Walking Dead hype for 100 comes to mind too. it was a solid issue, but the hype set the expectations so high it seemed like a let down the first time I read it.