• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

Man, I still haven't read the latest Invincible.

I knew there was little chance of it selling out. Sure enough, every copy was damaged and returned.

Can't wait till I can finally land one.

Pat

I thought it was a great issue, but I've always been a fan of dark storylines.

My review is below in the spoiler tag.

Don't click on it until you've read the issue or you've already heard about what happens.

Seriously, it was a controversial issue to the point there's been a Bleeding Cool article about the issue.

I thought the 1st 1/2 wasn't so great. Seriously, how hard is it for Mark to just blurt out "Robot killed Angstrom Levy, tried to kill me, then stranded me in the other dimension, and he wants to take over here." Instead he says, "When I get a chance to explain...." WTF I thought that was ehhhh.

Now the 2nd 1/2 was interesting. Anissa rapes Invincible. Or does she?

On the one hand NO means NO. And Mark clearly says NO. Then she pins him down and has her way with him.

However, I think it leaves it open that Mark goes along with it. Now before anyone jumps on me for saying that here are my reasons:

1.) You can see Anissa's hands on his shoulders and chest. Not pinning his arms.

2.) Mark is suppose to be just as strong as Omni-Man. Remember the arm wrestling issue? Anissa isn't suppose to be stronger than Mark.

3.) If Mark was truly fighting her off, storyline wise we're suppose to believe he could take her. In fact, look at his battles with Conquest. With multiple compound fractures of both his arms and one of his legs he still headbutts Conquest into submission. The 2nd time he strangles Conquest while his guts are being ripped out. But Anissa is able to rape him without a serious beat down first? She punches him twice and headbutts once before slamming and holding him down? Maybe... but if so, they need to write that into the storyline that she is a whole lot stronger than we've been lead to believe. 2c

Furthermore, I just want to say that I'm talking about a comic book superhero. In this particular superhero comic it's possible he subconsciously wanted it. I'm not in any way talking about a college girl being raped by some guy. If you want a real life analogy to what I'm saying it might look like this: If a 250 lb female bodybuilder with big :censored: muscles was held down against her will by a 70 lb wimpy man and raped (without being drugged/drunk) I'd have doubts. ;)

The Bleeding Cool article says if it's a man raping a woman we would feel differently. I think they wrote a good article; however, their article would be more valid if Anissa raped say Tech Jacket (a character that's not suppose to be stronger than her). 2c

I haven't got a hold of #110 yet.

#109 was great.

Any news on the #111 sketch? I didn't see it as a preorder option.

These are the codes for the variants

FEB148180 INVINCIBLE #111 CVR B OTTLEY PENCIL VAR (MR)

FEB148181 INVINCIBLE #111 CVR C BLANK SKETCH VAR (MR)