• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

It is a cool book but I haven't read past the 40's yet. Read those about a little over 3 years ago now. I really want to pick it up again but I have so much other reading to do... I really need to get an organised list together so I don't keep skipping it.

So an LCS owner mentioned that they are seeing an uptick from Walking Dead readers because it was announced that the WD writer was taking on the duties for the book. I couldn't stop laughing. It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard and it worked?!!! Even worse, the LCS had been pushing it to WD readers in the same fashion verballly and no one cared.

That is awesome! lol

Very few people seemed to care about Invincible for the first 100+ issues. And now it's hard as hell to find each issue as they come out.

I'm fully aware of the ridiculous run on 110 due to the rape. But I was surprised at the purchasing of a few pre and post.

So an LCS owner mentioned that they are seeing an uptick from Walking Dead readers because it was announced that the WD writer was taking on the duties for the book. I couldn't stop laughing. It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard and it worked?!!! Even worse, the LCS had been pushing it to WD readers in the same fashion verballly and no one cared.

Anyone experiencing this?

Patrick

When did you start reading the book? I started at some point in the 70s after my LCS recommended it to me. I picked up the Ultimate Collections and flew through them. When I ran out of stuff to read, I decided to start picking it up in singles and see how much of the run I could fill in.

I was instantly amazed at the price of back issues. Even issues that had come out only months before were up around $10.

I think the book has always had a strong following and is under ordered because of it. It isn't a book that a ton of people are going to grab off the shelf and stores know that and thus don't order a ton of them. At the same time, the people who like the book really like the book.

I'd put it in my top three each month and think I even did in the three books thread. I've tried to pick up a copy of issue 1 for months now, but it just keeps climbing. Every once in a while I'll stumble on some back issues in dollar bins. One really unorganized store near me had a bunch in the dollar bin and I was really excited. I think they even had a copy of 7-10 in there or something.

I with I'd caught on earlier because Invincible is a great book.

I started with #1. Only reason I did is in "reading" the Masters of the Universe preview and thought the art looked pretty awesome.

It was a very affordable book for a long time. I hadn't realized that I'd missed #3 for quite some time. Luckily a boardee helped me close that gap.

It would be a pain in the rear to put a set together today (high grade).

Patrick

That is awesome! lol

I never read the non comic portions. I thought he said it was stated as such there. Or maybe it was previews. Can anyone confirm?

Patrick

I started with #1. Only reason I did is in "reading" the Masters of the Universe preview and thought the art looked pretty awesome.

It was a very affordable book for a long time. I hadn't realized that I'd missed #3 for quite some time. Luckily a boardee helped me close that gap.

It would be a pain in the rear to put a set together today (high grade).

Patrick

Yea I wish I'd gotten in at issue 1. I can only kick myself for how long I walked by some books on the shelf and never gave them a second thought.

I was late to the game, but bought compendium one. Read it. Thought, "not bad."

Got compendium two. Read it. Loved it! Immediately bought the next two trades and all the singles (I think 105/106 was out then).

So, late to the party, but this is now my favorite series.

Got compendium two. Read it. Loved it! Immediately bought the next two trades and all the singles (I think 105/106 was out then).

I've done this with several books. Its fun while you're catching up but when you get to the current issue, we're all stuck in the same line. :grin:

I've done this with several books. Its fun while you're catching up but when you get to the current issue, we're all stuck in the same line. :grin:

I'm actually glad I was late to the party. I think you have a difference experience if you read a large chunk of a series for the first time. You get the payoff instantly without having to wait month to month. You also remember the tiny details that I think would fade over time. The little fun "inside jokes" and Easter eggs that the authors and artists throw in there. 2c

Just caught up with the last few issues - still one of the best books being published.

And far, far better than the Walking Dead.

#truth

I'm always amazed the book doesn't have better sales. It is far superior to TWD. It also appeals to a more mature super hero fan, which many of us are at this point.

I probably look forward to this book more than any other each month.

Just caught up with the last few issues - still one of the best books being published.

And far, far better than the Walking Dead.

#truth

I'm always amazed the book doesn't have better sales. It is far superior to TWD. It also appeals to a more mature super hero fan, which many of us are at this point.

I probably look forward to this book more than any other each month.

Yep. I'm sure that WD only sells more copies because of speculators. :whistle: