• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

The only reason why there is even an Invincible Facebook page is because I started it as a fan and Skybound made it official. There is a push for Invincible, but the total monthly orders had gone down since Season 2 of The Walking Dead which was when The Walking Dead took off order wise.

It should be a much bigger book, but most of the casual Walking Dead readers buy at places other than comic shops that could recommend Invincible to them.

I think the book is doing great considering the current market.

Speculators are driving up prices due to movies and TV shows. Invincible has neither. Invincible #1 is as expensive as it is due to the comic book alone. Fans of the COMIC want one.

New issue numbers have a tough time climbing because modern readers want new comics. Seriously, look at how many moderns are at 20 issues or LESS. People abandon books for new books. Publishers are rebooting and renumbering all the time. Independent creators start new comics... etc... However, Invincible has maintained readership for over 100 issues and in my opinion keeps getting better as it goes.

It needs more word of mouth. Your Facebook page is perfect. The compendiums to catch up are perfect. Making announcements about Invincible at cons is great. I think they are doing the right things. I think the future is bright for Invincible, we just need to keep telling other readers how cool the comic is. For example, my secret santa boardie wanted Spider-Man comics, so I gave him some Spidey books but also added an Invincible Vol. 1 HC and told him how much I enjoyed the comic and he should give it a try. Bumping this thread to talk about the current issue is great. Stuff like that. (thumbs u

The only reason why there is even an Invincible Facebook page is because I started it as a fan and Skybound made it official. There is a push for Invincible, but the total monthly orders had gone down since Season 2 of The Walking Dead which was when The Walking Dead took off order wise.

It should be a much bigger book, but most of the casual Walking Dead readers buy at places other than comic shops that could recommend Invincible to them.

Speculators are driving up prices due to movies and TV shows. Invincible has neither. Invincible #1 is as expensive as it is due to the comic book alone. Fans of the COMIC want one.

New issue numbers have a tough time climbing because modern readers want new comics. Seriously, look at how many moderns are at 20 issues or LESS. People abandon books for new books. Publishers are rebooting and renumbering all the time. Independent creators start new comics... etc... However, Invincible has maintained readership for over 100 issues and in my opinion keeps getting better as it goes.

It needs more word of mouth. Your Facebook page is perfect. The compendiums to catch up are perfect. Making announcements about Invincible at cons is great. I think they are doing the right things. I think the future is bright for Invincible, we just need to keep telling other readers how cool the comic is. For example, my secret santa boardie wanted Spider-Man comics, so I gave him some Spidey books but also added an Invincible Vol. 1 HC and told him how much I enjoyed the comic and he should give it a try. Bumping this thread to talk about the current issue is great. Stuff like that. (thumbs u

I've been trying to get three people to read this book, but they are hard-headed.

I've been trying to get three people to read this book, but they are hard-headed.

As hard headed as getting you to read The Sixth Gun? :taptaptap:

Conquest is easily my favorite arc in Modern Comics. The pride of my entire collection is the covers to Invincible #62 which is pretty much the only full body Conquest cover that there is (Even though he is in shadows)

invincible62Ccover.jpg

Sixth Gun is must read too! (thumbs u

It's got a bad rap from the speculation dump it's known for here on the boards. Which is a shame, because the comic itself is really awesome. Highly recommended for anyone who wants to read a great comic. 2c

I've been trying to get my wife to read Invincible for years. my 13 year old is caught up, but, the wife just won't do it. i even wrote scripts and she still couldn't muster the interest to compare to what i had written to the actual material. go figure.

Sixth Gun is must read too! (thumbs u

It's got a bad rap from the speculation dump it's known for here on the boards. Which is a shame, because the comic itself is really awesome. Highly recommended for anyone who wants to read a great comic. 2c

The problem is, most people weren't reading the book even when it was the speculation boom.

It's a shame, because Invincible and Sixth Gun are two of my all-time favorites. They are just that good.

And in an era where the super hero is dead (IMO), it's great to see a book like Invincible be so good.

Patrick

One of my prized pieces in my collection is my prelim page by Ryan ottley. Pre dates his comic appearance. Conquest with hair! I love the character and is hands down my favorite character. I have been building a commission collection of him. Check it our if you want.

Prelim by ottley

image_zps4ae9579d.jpg

Another one of my favorites is by Charles p Wilson

image_zpsa131f5b8.jpg

And another favorite by jeremy bastian

image_zps39fc52f5.jpg

And so many others. Here is a link to caf if you want to check it out

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=61113

Dead is probably harsh.

But, I honestly believe that movies are primarily keeping them in the spotlight and viable.

More and more people are dumping superheroes (at least the traditional heroes) and moving to other genres.

I went thru a couple long boxes I've bought in the last couple years. It was overwhelmingly non-super hero. And frankly, of the heroes I'd purchased, most could easily go away (likely will too). Daredevil and Hawkeye are some of the few I'd keep. DC is virtually pointless to me.

Patrick

Awesome stuff! been loving all the activity in this thread lately :cloud9: Inspired me to scan a few things!

One of my favourite story's from Invincible was the Monster Girl / Robot stuff that Cory Walker was drawing when the series was in the 90's. Loved his art so much on that arc.

I hope Cory's working on something cool, haven't seen anything from him in a while :wishluck:

Bottom of Invincible 93 cover

RUAg0YZl.jpg

Invincible 94 pg 14

KH2UVPZl.jpg

Invincible 94 pg 15

GwshjHdl.jpg

.....semi-happier times. :(