• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

It's never going to get out in a huge enough number to be really desirable. But I have the ability to reward huge fans with it, and that's all I care about. As long as it goes to someone who appreciates it.

;)

I think there are some regulars here who discuss and love the book... Just saying... lol

+1

I've mentioned my annual re-reading of Invincible a few times…

I peeked thru the Tech Jacket book today. It was a definite no-go for me.

Patrick

I liked it. The writing had more of an Invincible feel than most of the other invinciverse series. Hard to tell from a first issue though.

It's never going to get out in a huge enough number to be really desirable. But I have the ability to reward huge fans with it, and that's all I care about. As long as it goes to someone who appreciates it.

;)

I think there are some regulars here who discuss and love the book... Just saying... lol

+1

I've mentioned my annual re-reading of Invincible a few times…

I usually do an annual re-read whenever I get the new hardcover. Best comic book ever!!!!

I feel like the series is seeing a slight uptick in popularity.

More and more back issues are disappearing from my LCS, and there's a little more chatter online about the book. Granted a lot of that chatter is due to the events of 111, but hey.

More and more back issues are disappearing from my LCS, and there's a little more chatter online about the book. Granted a lot of that chatter is due to the events of 111, but hey.

I was just in a store and was amazed by the amount of back issues they had. I'm going to put together a list and go back at some point. They were having a 50% off sale which means most of them were less than cover.

I'm thinking mostly due to 110, but whatever.

#1's are slowly starting to move back up in price

The popularity is because of Robert Kirkman writing it.

Seriously.

After they advertised that #111 was going to be written by the same person as The Walking Dead more people became interested in Invincible. People seriously thought it was a new thing.

And, if I'm keeping it real.... The #110 hype is total BS

Yes it's an interesting issue, but some are pretending it's the second coming on social issues in comics. Be real.

(thumbs u

I'm thinking mostly due to 110, but whatever.

#1's are slowly starting to move back up in price

Sorry, 110. That's the issue I had in mind.

Seriously.

After they advertised that #111 was going to be written by the same person as The Walking Dead more people became interested in Invincible. People seriously thought it was a new thing.

I wonder if Image/Kirkman has been pushing Walking Dead too much in past years at cons, and neglected Invincible.

It would be interesting to see some market research and get to the root of why people are not aware of Invincible being a Kirkman book.

The only reason why there is even an Invincible Facebook page is because I started it as a fan and Skybound made it official. There is a push for Invincible, but the total monthly orders had gone down since Season 2 of The Walking Dead which was when The Walking Dead took off order wise.

It should be a much bigger book, but most of the casual Walking Dead readers buy at places other than comic shops that could recommend Invincible to them.

Seriously.

Wait......they are doing a Walking Dead and Invincible cross-over??!

Ermagawd :whee:

Straight monies

Vince is a great great book. its the reason i am here. Rob (Invincifans) FORCED me to read it.

That being said, it will never be more popular than WD

and thats OK

because of WD, Ryan i sable to draw VInce and only Vince