• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G.I. JOE THREAD YO JOE!!!!!!
10 10

2,338 posts in this topic

I have looked everywhere and they are not to be found unles you buy bulk and double up on books which is a pain since I hate doubling up on books since it just a loss of money and time. Since the announcement of the movie everywhere I look I see prices raised on every issue with the occasional bargain bin find but they are usually the cheapies anyways.

We will just have to agree to disagree on this!

The fact that I buy and sell $1k-$3k worth of certified Joes a month qualifies my statement, and yes, prices have been falling since last summer.

And I would invite you to do more then search ebay completed auctions before impuning my statement....look at GPA prices from different venues...most books are trending down, and trending down pretty hard.

I totally disagree but this is an argument that is going to go in circles so I will agree to disagree.

Well I find it odd then that every where I look GI Joe books are already sold off or people want higher prices then usual. .

This is true. I bought Number 1 and 21 last year and they are going well over what I paid for them, and at that time I paid higher then normal for that time. Maybe non keys or certain issues are not doing as well, but I know # 1, # 21, # 150-155 are still fetching higher amounts then last year.

The movie may have increased the demand and popularity of Joe books but it has also increased the supply available. As usual it seems that everyone who owns a Joe book is trying to sell their books and double and triple the normal selling price. Movie hype seems to do strange silly things to comic collectors.

The movie may have increased the demand and popularity of Joe books but it has also increased the supply available. As usual it seems that everyone who owns a Joe book is trying to sell their books and double and triple the normal selling price. Movie hype seems to do strange silly things to comic collectors.

I agree and still maintain that a great, kick-@ss full length trailer will do wonders for public interest....and will help elevate prices, perhaps not to the lofty levels of past years because of the economy, but at least out of the gutter where they are now.

Of course, I also know a couple of major sellers who have been holding back listing their books for sale specifically because of the weak demand in the marketplace...so there won't be a lack of supply available once demand does pick up.

I agree and still maintain that a great, kick-@ss full length trailer will do wonders for public interest....and will help elevate prices, perhaps not to the lofty levels of past years because of the economy, but at least out of the gutter where they are now.

Of course, I also know a couple of major sellers who have been holding back listing their books for sale specifically because of the weak demand in the marketplace...so there won't be a lack of supply available once demand does pick up.

4 months out and still no full length trailer basically confirms everyone's worst nightmare that this movie is going to SUCK :tonofbricks:

Would any Joe fans be interested in participating in a WTB thread in the Marketplace that's really a Want-To-Trade thread? I have lots of doubles and triples (especially certified books) that I'd happily trade for books I still need.

Basically you list what you have (issue #, grade, and "price" or really, a trade equivalent value) and a list of books you still need. Seems like a good way to find those books you still need.

Of course, I generally just need certified 9.8s to finish out my certified run, not sure how many of you have spare 9.8s to trade.... :insane:

I'd be interested in that. I'm in the same boat working on my 9.8 set however I sometimes get some extra 9.6 and 9.8's. I'll keep my eye's open for that.

By the way - there's a GI Joe #21 CGC 9.8 on E-Bay right now. Up to $1500.00+ as of right now... (partly due to me - but they've gone pass my limit!)

http://cgi.ebay.com/G-I-Joe-A-Real-American-Hero-21-CGC-9-8_W0QQitemZ130303309032QQihZ003QQcategoryZ35765QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Edited by abner419

The one on ComicLink is only at $613 with less than seven hours to go. Someone's gonna steal it. :shy:

someone stole it at $1601! NICE!

Was that your copy? If so, congrats! :grin:

People are just starting to figure out Larry Hama was the Stan Lee of his generation, no one has created as many characters in comics as Larry Hama has since 1982. GI JOE will do bigger box office then Watchmen. people forget that for a few years that GI JOE actually outsold X-men and Spider-man. This fan base is huge!