• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G.I. JOE THREAD YO JOE!!!!!!
10 10

2,338 posts in this topic

I'm completing my 9.8 and higher run as we speak...Silent Master IS the man to talk to, his collection is unreal.

And higher? You have 9.9's/10's? There can't be many from 82-94?

9.9's are super hard to find - Never seen a 10.0 in the GI Joe series.

(I do issues 56, 118, and 141 in 9.9)

Where's the silent and hard master figs? Have they graded any issue a 10, yet?

The 9.9 for $1900? That's a lot considering there's 2 of them.

I put an add for #63 so much fun, because it appears it's one of the hardest issues to come by. I might have offered too much? Also, I wonder what the print runs of the 3-D books were. The last 2 can't have a print run of more than the 5000 copies the so much fun issue has? Please correct me if I'm wrong on these theories.

Man that #63 "No Fun" variant is rough to find (especially in a decent grade). I have a few of those and none of those would grade above a 7.5 (maybe 8.0 if the grader got laid the night before!).

By the way - It was great to log on and see 30+ posts to the GI Joe Thread!!!!!!

And thanks for the nice comments :foryou: . I really owe my collection to a lot of the Boardie's and that damned E-Bay!!! Honestly I am more impressed with JRS069's GI Joe CGC collection (the guy at #2). Most of those he subbed himself :o and his Transformer's set is awesome! He's helped me out quite a bit, especially with my Special Missions and European Missions sets.

Care to part with one of them? :devil:

If you want it I have one with a major crease down the front... :insane: It's not the best but it might hold you over until you find a better copy and you could pass this one along to someone else.

By the way - It was great to log on and see 30+ posts to the GI Joe Thread!!!!!!

And thanks for the nice comments :foryou: . I really owe my collection to a lot of the Boardie's and that damned E-Bay!!! Honestly I am more impressed with JRS069's GI Joe CGC collection (the guy at #2). Most of those he subbed himself :o and his Transformer's set is awesome! He's helped me out quite a bit, especially with my Special Missions and European Missions sets.

You have 1-155 in 9.8 or better, correct? That is impressive for ANY run. When I had the first 30, minus the 21, there were only a handful of each graded that high. I had several of the highest graded/one copy issues, but I was forced to sell them before I could go any further. I submitted all of them, and about 6-7 were bought by me off the stands. How bad of a crease are we talking about with the 63?

You have 1-155 in 9.8 or better, correct? That is impressive for ANY run. When I had the first 30, minus the 21, there were only a handful of each graded that high. I had several of the highest graded/one copy issues, but I was forced to sell them before I could go any further. I submitted all of them, and about 6-7 were bought by me off the stands. How bad of a crease are we talking about with the 63?

It's been fun collecting them over the last 6 or 7 years now; I have about 75 or so now in 9.8 SS...

It is a major crease all the way down the cover. It was the first one I found many years ago, hard to find!

Turns out I did not have a #2 2nd print of the 3D series but I did find this one:

KGrHqVHJEgE916EzziGBPigW6eJZQ60_12.jpg

seems to be in excellent shape...I'm not sure where my others are...maybe there are some more somewhere...

Turns out I did not have a #2 2nd print of the 3D series but I did find this one:

KGrHqVHJEgE916EzziGBPigW6eJZQ60_12.jpg

seems to be in excellent shape...I'm not sure where my others are...maybe there are some more somewhere...

Not very many do have that issue. If the silent master can't find me an extra copy, who can? (shrug) . That's a nice looking #5. I'll pm.

Edited by Dungeon