• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 1 Club?
22 22

1,041 posts in this topic

I'd go with the 10X number as being a pretty good proxy but only if you take out all the multiple submissions that CGC can't account for.

Besides Hulk 181 and other common high priced books, I'd venture to say that AF 15 is a top 5 books for having multiple submissions. So of all the graded copies in the census, maybe 1/2 to 2/3 are actually currently encased?

I'd go with the 10X number as being a pretty good proxy but only if you take out all the multiple submissions that CGC can't account for.

Besides Hulk 181 and other common high priced books, I'd venture to say that AF 15 is a top 5 books for having multiple submissions. So of all the graded copies in the census, maybe 1/2 to 2/3 are actually currently encased?

I agree with that assumption as well

I had all but given up on collecting comics after about 12 years of solid collecting, I just didn't find "fun" in them. Then I went to a show with a good friend of mine, and picked this up. I was bitten again by the collecting bug (pun sort of intended) and I've been "back" ever since.

ASM1frontraw.jpg

So 10X actual graded copies? That puts the number at, give or take, 14K...?

I think that's probably a fair estimate.

Do you really think 33-50% of census-copies are all resubmissions?

I think that 14,000 copies would be a huge stretch, I just don't see 90% of all existing copies being raw. As some collectors will state, they prefer not to slab books. But look on eBay right now and I guarantee you, the majority of the copies made available will all be slabbed.

CGC has been around for almost 13 years and ASM #1 has a lot of motivation to be slabbed. I wouldn't be shocked if CGC has already graded about 50% of all remaining copies out there.

I had all but given up on collecting comics after about 12 years of solid collecting, I just didn't find "fun" in them. Then I went to a show with a good friend of mine, and picked this up. I was bitten again by the collecting bug (pun sort of intended) and I've been "back" ever since.

ASM1frontraw.jpg

What was it about ASM #1 in particular that re-sparked your enthusiasm for the hobby?

hm

ASM1frontraw.jpg

What was it about ASM #1 in particular that re-sparked your enthusiasm for the hobby?

hm

I've always been a huge Spider-Man fan, so it was a logical "engine revving" purchase.