• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,903 posts in this topic

Sweet books, Dover. I don't know that I've ever seen a HG copy of that Action. You're making me jealous. Back in the early 80's I set the goal of getting all Adams DC covers. At the time, most averaged $3 in NM. It was just impossible to find them, so I gave up.

Now, even though there's no love for the Archie books, I'm going to inflict more on everyone. I can't even tell you how tough these are in grade. Unlike most Marvel and DC's, you could look for 5-10 years for a HG copy of some of these and still come up empty handed. The nice thing about this batch was that not only the Archie and the B&V's were there ( which are slightly more common in HG because, I believe, many were in multipacks), but some of the secondary titles like Archie and Me had nice HG copies, which you never, ever see.

Hmm. Nothing like that 1970's teen fad, roller derby!! What were they thinking (I'm guessing it had something bizarre to do with "Rollerball")? And is this the only roller derby cover ever published?

That's some great finds. Love reading those covers.

Glad at least a few people are enjoying them. What boggles my mind is how little appreciation there is for their scarcity in grade. Especially prior to 1975, I think there were very few people who bothered to keep these in nice shape. That's what makes this batch remarkable. They clearly aren't unread returns, but I'd guess were hand-picked without the usual newstand defects. Of course, one or two have minor flaws I didn't notice, but across the board they are remarkable. I wish I could meet the person who cared enough to do this.

IMG-19.jpg

IMG_0001-14.jpg

IMG_0004-11.jpg

IMG_0002-13.jpg

It could be me, but I almost never see a copy of this book in any condition, nevermind HG.

IMG_0007-8.jpg

Same for this one.

IMG_0008-8.jpg

IMG_0005-11.jpg

IMG_0003-14.jpg

IMG_0009-6.jpg

IMG_0006-9.jpg

IMG_0011-4.jpg

IMG_0010-5.jpg

Edited by silverandbronze

IMG_0010-4.jpg

archieandme63-f.jpg

OK, so the cover on your copy looks nicer than mine, but I bet the inner cover on my cover is nicer than yours! What, you don't have an inner cover? Your copy isn't a double cover like mine? Well then I'm right about that inner cover comparison, I win!! :baiting:

Posting this here too because it's a sexy little attention whore.

ASM122-2-1-2.jpg

Spandex-free zone.

There's nothing I like more than finding a new store, with HG books priced to move. All of the below from $1.50-$4.00 a piece (most around $2 each). Unfortunately, I had my kids with me (4 and 6 years old), so I couldn't really spend more than 15 minutes scrounging through the boxes. Needless to say, I'll be going back.

The Dennis' are sweet, and I've always had a hard time finding nice HG ones from the late '70's.

IMG_0010-6.jpg

IMG_0009-7.jpg

IMG_0008-9.jpg

This is only a F+, but has brilliant colors and is favorite BA cover of mine. I couldn't help myself.

IMG_0006-10.jpg

I've almost never seen the Charlton car books in HG. I'd say it's a 9.0

IMG_0007-9.jpg

And some Charlton Romance. Found 2 copies each of the I Love You'sL:

IMG_0002-14.jpg

So bad, you've got to like it..

IMG_0001-15.jpg

And two sweet copies, the second of which I've never seen anywhere near HG:

IMG_0003-15.jpg

IMG_0004-12.jpg

Edited by silverandbronze