• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,903 posts in this topic

I know I'm one of about 3 people on the boards who care about Charlton cartoon books... but I don't care. These are beyond sweet. Newstand fresh, white pages, with just a hint of storage wear. BA Charltons are just super good looking books in HG. I was pretty psyched to find them.

IMG-15.jpg

IMG_0001-11-1.jpg

IMG_0002-10-1.jpg

IMG_0003-11.jpg

Edited by silverandbronze

I know I'm one of about 3 people on the boards who care about Charlton cartoon books... but I don't care. These are beyond sweet. Newstand fresh, white pages, with just a hint of storage wear. BA Charltons are just super good looking books in HG. I was pretty psyched to find them.

Those are sweet. Congrats

Thanks.

They're not half as sweet as realitytrips Hulk145. I've never owned a remotely nice copy of that book. Great pickup.

Thanks.

They're not half as sweet as realitytrips Hulk145. I've never owned a remotely nice copy of that book. Great pickup.

Paul,

I disagree with you. That #11 is Mike Zeck's 1st published work. That is a super nice copy and may challenge for top census. (worship)

Yeah, I know these books are common as dirt :blahblah:

And, yeah, I already had nice copies of all these books, nevertheless, I was very happy to pick up these books in this condition for 11 bucks each this weekend... :banana:

xmen118.jpg

xmen123.jpg

xmen124.jpg

xmen125.jpg

xmen126.jpg

xmen127.jpg

xmen128.jpg

xmen129.jpg

xmen130.jpg

xmen131.jpg

xmen132.jpg

xmen133new.jpg

xmen134.jpg

:cloud9:

Bronze Marvel Collectors please help. Good friend of mine just bought a copy of "What if" #1 from 1977. He thinks it's a 6.0 or 6.5. What is the FMV for this book? I'd appreciate all responses.

Thanks--Comic collectors are cool.

Steve

Bronze Marvel Collectors please help. Good friend of mine just bought a copy of "What if" #1 from 1977. He thinks it's a 6.0 or 6.5. What is the FMV for this book? I'd appreciate all responses.

Steve

Not even worth shipping in my opinion....maybe a couple bucks in that grade....here is one that sold on Ebay for $1.00 in Fine condition (shrug)

What If? #1

Steve

Not even worth shipping in my opinion....maybe a couple bucks in that grade....here is one that sold on Ebay for $1.00 in Fine condition (shrug)

What If? #1

good ebay seller. (thumbs u

I mentioned in comics general that I picked up a haul of sweet, sweet Archies while driving through Ohio last week. Without a doubt the nicest ones I've ever found in a comic shop. Structurally gorgeous, bone white covers and pages, glossy covers, just beautiful. Especially the giants from 1973, which are exceptionally tough in grade. I have no doubt that some of these may be the nicest in existence.

One painful part--the most structurally perfect books in the bins sadly had a strip of foxing/mold growth along the top back cover. I would have loved to be able to overcome my mold phobia for these. But, they were too ugly, regardless of how they would have been graded.

Anyway, pardon the bags--but life's chaotic right now and time is short. Besides, it's always fun to see that gorgeous 35 year old books are still out there for a few bucks.

Here's the first batch.

IMG-16.jpg

One of my favorite BA covers.

IMG_0001-12.jpg

Another of my favorite BA covers--too bad it's probably the lowest grade book in the lot. Still super glossy and white.

IMG_0002-11.jpg

Love 1970's hot pants covers. Guess this is more like a hot pants-suite. God I miss the 1970's.

IMG_0003-12.jpg

How many "Betty doing a split" covers have there been over the years?

IMG_0004-9.jpg

IMG_0005-9.jpgIMG_0006-7.jpg

IMG_0007-6.jpg

IMG_0008-6.jpg

IMG_0009-4.jpg

IMG_0010-3.jpg

IMG_0011-2.jpg

Edited by silverandbronze

Sweet books, Dover. I don't know that I've ever seen a HG copy of that Action. You're making me jealous. Back in the early 80's I set the goal of getting all Adams DC covers. At the time, most averaged $3 in NM. It was just impossible to find them, so I gave up.

Now, even though there's no love for the Archie books, I'm going to inflict more on everyone. I can't even tell you how tough these are in grade. Unlike most Marvel and DC's, you could look for 5-10 years for a HG copy of some of these and still come up empty handed. The nice thing about this batch was that not only the Archie and the B&V's were there ( which are slightly more common in HG because, I believe, many were in multipacks), but some of the secondary titles like Archie and Me had nice HG copies, which you never, ever see.

Hmm. Nothing like that 1970's teen fad, roller derby!! What were they thinking (I'm guessing it had something bizarre to do with "Rollerball")? And is this the only roller derby cover ever published?

IMG-18.jpg

IMG_0001-13.jpg

IMG_0002-12.jpg

IMG_0003-13.jpg

IMG_0004-10.jpg

Hot pants again. I swear, for about 5 years, "hot pants" must have been the topic or punch-line of more Archie covers than anything else. I blame Dan Decarlo.

IMG_0005-10.jpg

IMG_0006-8.jpg

IMG_0007-7.jpg

IMG_0008-7.jpg

IMG_0009-5.jpg

IMG_0010-4.jpg

IMG_0011-3.jpg