• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #1 Club
18 18

3,699 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, Hulksdaddy1 said:

Just picked up this purdy 3rd print. :cloud9: Needs a bit of a press, then might send it off to Voldemort for verification and entombing. :devil:

IMG_8117.jpg

IMG_8118.jpg

Do they grade magazine size? 

14 hours ago, Hulksdaddy1 said:

Was hoping they'd do sig authentication, which CGC doesn't do. But, they don't encapsulate magazine size, so no can do.

They do offer encapsulation for that size - kinda. If you send it in they can seal it in the inner well and will put a sticker seal on the outside with the grade. It will NOT be in a solid ridged shell. 

I've seen this for some TMNT #1 that were mistakenly sent in during one of their promotions, contact them directly about this as I'm not sure if it will also be done like this or if they now just send it back without any work done.

On 7/11/2021 at 8:45 AM, Subby1938 said:

I’d send it to auction . No way to know . If the rumours are true that a copy 9.8 sold privately ( unconfirmed ) for 200K  it could bring a 9.6 well over 100K. It’s just speculation but well worth trying to find out 

Any idea where you heard the 200k rumor? I’d love to hunt that down and see if it was true

On 7/20/2021 at 1:04 PM, Subby1938 said:
On 7/16/2021 at 10:36 PM, manetteska said:

Therein lies your problem. Many very intriguing things he knows for certain but never much to back it up. 

How’s a 145K sound ? Those apples good enough for ya?

WTF is OTIS?

And last I checked $145k <> $200k.

On 7/20/2021 at 2:22 PM, manetteska said:

WTF is OTIS?

And last I checked $145k <> $200k.

It’s all good I also wasn’t pushing the info I said I to was unconfirmed but OTIS is a site where you buy shares of grail books . That’s what they value 9.8 at they purchased as a team of investors whenever they bought it . Asking price is what’s listed but to sell the investor group votes on wether to dump their “ stock “ 

145K good now ? 🍎

Edited by Subby1938

On 7/20/2021 at 12:24 PM, ghn999 said:

There a buy out offer for Tmnt 1 1st print 9.8 for 145k on Otis. Were going to find out tomorrow if it get accepted.  I still think it low.

Screenshot_20210720-110826_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210720-110831_Samsung Internet.jpg

OTIS?. Never heard of it.

Edited by Hulksdaddy1

These investor groups are the what’s not good with hobby as most don’t give a about collecting or nostalgia . They want to make money flip and flip and flip driving prices into space . It’s not something I would ever do with a group as my money and investment is decided by the whole leaving me with zero influence on my investment . 

If I buy stuff I want it in my hand I’ll use gold for example . Don’t sell me paper that states I own gold,  I want the bars please . Just like comics 

Edited by Subby1938