• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,377 posts in this topic

I’ve just pulled out my tmnt volume 4 comics which have been in bags/boards since purchase and I have noticed the staples are rusting on most of them. The rust is mostly inside, so not obvious from the outside. I can’t understand how this happened. They have been stored nicely in a normal temperature room for years. No moisture. The pages are still new/unread. None of my other comics have been affected, just volume 4. Has anyone else with volume 4 got this issue? Can it be the staples used are poor quality and have started to degrade with age? I know it is unlikely. I’m so perplexed?

32 minutes ago, TheOpticBlast said:

Hey which comic do you guys think is better to own. TMNT Adventures 9.8 or TMNT 1st Print 9.4? I really can't decide. Its gonna be my first TMNT book I will own. 

14 minutes ago, TheOpticBlast said:

I guess it sounds like a dumb question but I am serious. I know that #2 has a smaller print run but adventures has the 1st appearance of krang, beepbop and rocksteady.

Where did the #2 come from? You dont mention that in your 1st post. 

TMNT Adventures 9.8 or TMNT 1st Print 9.4? 

These aren't recognizable books, but it looks like you're comparing a bunch of books like the whole 1st series in 9.4 and the whole TMNT adventures series in 9.8 (shrug)

So we're unsure what you mean

Whoops it must have slipped my mind. I meant TMNT #2 first print from volume 1 and TMNT Adventures #1 from the mini series. 

I was curious which is a better first buy. The 2nd apperance of the turtles or the 1st appearance of krang, beepbop and rocksteady.

9 minutes ago, TheOpticBlast said:

Whoops it must have slipped my mind. I meant TMNT #2 first print from volume 1 and TMNT Adventures #1 from the mini series. 

I was curious which is a better first buy. The 2nd apperance of the turtles or the 1st appearance of krang, beepbop and rocksteady.

That makes more sense, and I'd struggle with those too.

Mine was #3 then picked up a raw adventures later

But

I'd go with the #2 because.... it's also the 1st appearance of April o'Neil but again

You'd think that a "hero", if you call April one, would do better; although those are the main villains in adventures so 

That said I'd still go with #2

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

1 hour ago, Sauce Dog said:

Got my baby back today - good way to start the weekend. The time it took between mailing it in, signing, and then grading basically meant by the end of it the book had quadrupled in value on the market :D 

TMNT1-1.thumb.jpg.1a9abc23ca5ba5c8a34019c0a654fee4.jpgTMNT1-2.thumb.jpg.b2705d8b9f73346c705090f52ae04169.jpg

I think that is the coolest spot for a sig series on a mega key like this - congrats on the awesome book!