• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,377 posts in this topic

On 4/28/2021 at 11:15 AM, ectocooler said:

There are rumors that NECA is going to bring back the Mirage toy line, they’ve been testing the waters with some loot crate exclusives. NECA has no qualms with constantly reissuing stuff, and if they do the secondary market prices for the first release stuff will plummet. It’s a gamble but if you feel you can live without them I’d say sell and invest that money in some key comics.

Just wanted to say thank you - I ended up selling my Leo and April for $430. I ended up buying a couple of keys in the past few weeks (not for $430 obviously, but I sold a lot of video games/toys/comics last month, and the $430 went a nice way toward my buying goals). Glad I took your advice!

Edited by Jesse-Lee

On 6/15/2021 at 10:20 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Just wanted to say thank you - I ended up selling my Leo and April for $430. I ended up buying a couple of keys in the past few weeks (not for $430 obviously, but I sold a lot of video games/toys/comics last month, and the $430 went a nice way toward my buying goals). Glad I took your advice!

That’s a nice chunk of change for those!

27 minutes ago, sorrenmj said:

Hello

Can anyone remember.. back in the 80s/90s were comics in stores just raw on shelves/racks or were they always bagged/boarded? When did it become custom for stores to start bagging/boarding comics?

In non-comic stores, virtually never. 

In comic shops, tons still don't use bags/boards.  

I started seeing it toward the end of the 90s.  But even then, around here, it was not common place. 

Patrick

15 hours ago, followtheleader said:

In non-comic stores, virtually never. 

In comic shops, tons still don't use bags/boards.  

I started seeing it toward the end of the 90s.  But even then, around here, it was not common place. 

Patrick

Thanks Patrick 

On 9/11/2019 at 4:51 PM, SpeedforceKJ said:

Well guys I got my second printing. I’ll be sending it in to be recased as it’s cracked. This is an upgrade for me compared to what I had owned before. I’m happy to finally own this book again. 

11072DC8-1D3A-4FB1-8E64-FB7747A8C7BC.thumb.jpeg.1f3798e5a6b486c16cbaf51c7df01e7e.jpeg

@ADAMANTIUM Just curious, was this book printed with a batch of bad paper? Why so much OW/W grades, and this one already C/OW? 

44 minutes ago, BigLeagueCHEW said:

@ADAMANTIUM Just curious, was this book printed with a batch of bad paper? Why so much OW/W grades, and this one already C/OW? 

I'm not exactly the person to ask...

Maybe @Ryan. Or @Turtle

Speaking of TMNT #1

But I know it was a working project that I assumed was funded by Eastman and Lairds "meager" salaries, so it's quite possible afaik

1 hour ago, BigLeagueCHEW said:

All the original oversize editions were printed on newsprint style paper. The original print company was not a comic printing business but rather local newspapers and flyers etc... that's why it is hard to find white pages. #5 and later were printed by a comic book printing company once their budget increased as Adamantium suggested.

Can anyone advise? I have a collection of TMNT comics I may try selling but they have a cm streak of sun fade down the side where the spines have been exposed to sunlight for many years. The comics are unread but there is this flaw. Would this downgrade the value significantly? Thanks for any suggestions

3 minutes ago, sorrenmj said:

Can anyone advise? I have a collection of TMNT comics I may try selling but they have a cm streak of sun fade down the side where the spines have been exposed to sunlight for many years. The comics are unread but there is this flaw. Would this downgrade the value significantly? Thanks for any suggestions

short answer is yes, by how much depends on the fading, I'd post scans/pics here to get an estimate of grade :) 

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/42-hey-buddy-can-you-spare-a-grade/

anyway, I think the rules are up to 2 books a day, and separate threads for bother ;) 

4 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

short answer is yes, by how much depends on the fading, I'd post scans/pics here to get an estimate of grade :) 

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/42-hey-buddy-can-you-spare-a-grade/

anyway, I think the rules are up to 2 books a day, and separate threads for bother ;) 

Many thanks as always @ADAMANTIUM