• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,374 posts in this topic

There's a #1 9.8 First Print that you can BIN on Comic Connect: $250k!

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/929799?tzf=1

They've rejected 2 offers so far, the highest being $220k. I feel the asking is a little too rich currently, but with how crazy prices have become plus the recent sale of $180k and that 9.8 first prints don't come up often it's quite possible the book will hit over $200k for the first time.

On 7/30/2021 at 5:28 PM, Gump24601 said:

There's a #1 9.8 First Print that you can BIN on Comic Connect: $250k!

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/929799?tzf=1

They've rejected 2 offers so far, the highest being $220k. I feel the asking is a little too rich currently, but with how crazy prices have become plus the recent sale of $180k and that 9.8 first prints don't come up often it's quite possible the book will hit over $200k for the first time.

Holy hell.  Someone offered $220K and it didn't get accepted?  That's wild!!  

Imagine where prices are going to end up after the all the people that want to cash out have sold.  It seems like the surge is causing long time holders to sell for huge profits.  So what happens next?  Is there an aftermath period where the new buyers hold and the leftover longtime holders still don't sell?  Or is it a continual surge.  There has to be a leveling off at some point, right?  I am absolutely fascinated by the TMNT comic market.  What do you guys think? 

On 7/30/2021 at 6:47 PM, Subby1938 said:

I’d sell so fast at these prices I’m not kidding . Buy low grades if I could if I couldn’t who cares . It’s the price of a house ( more tangible as an asset than the comic ) . Anything could happen and poof value just drops 

Yeah if I had a 9.8 I’d sell it and buy a low grade just to still have one.

On 7/30/2021 at 6:37 PM, BeardedBubba said:

Holy hell.  Someone offered $220K and it didn't get accepted?  That's wild!!  

Imagine where prices are going to end up after the all the people that want to cash out have sold.  It seems like the surge is causing long time holders to sell for huge profits.  So what happens next?  Is there an aftermath period where the new buyers hold and the leftover longtime holders still don't sell?  Or is it a continual surge.  There has to be a leveling off at some point, right?  I am absolutely fascinated by the TMNT comic market.  What do you guys think? 

That is pretty crazy they turned down $220k. But with the how many TMNT fans there are and how relatively few first prints there are, I see #1 being a million dollar book in a few decades. Maybe sooner.

I don’t know about a million . That would be entering realm of detective comics 27, marvel comics 1 , Superman 1 . I don’t think it’s that caliber of comic . It’s rare in 9.8 those other comics are rare period . Like less than 50 copies or something like that . 

On 7/31/2021 at 12:28 AM, Subby1938 said:

I don’t know about a million . That would be entering realm of detective comics 27, marvel comics 1 , Superman 1 . I don’t think it’s that caliber of comic . It’s rare in 9.8 those other comics are rare period . Like less than 50 copies or something like that . 

Who's to say?  A year ago people were saying the $90k sale was BS and called it an outlier.  Now 9.8s are being priced at $250k.  There's only 33 total 9.8s.  I wouldn't say it's probable.  But I wouldn't call it impossible.

On 7/31/2021 at 12:28 AM, Subby1938 said:

I think TMNT #1 will be in a category with those books. It's still relatively new, age wise, but give it a couple of more decades it'll be a 60 year old book at that point. I think it'll be a million dollar book easily.

The 1st print is easily my holy grail of comics, so I may be a bit biased here. LOL.

On 7/31/2021 at 10:58 PM, Gazoony said:

I think TMNT #1 will be in a category with those books. It's still relatively new, age wise, but give it a couple of more decades it'll be a 60 year old book at that point. I think it'll be a million dollar book easily.

The 1st print is easily my holy grail of comics, so I may be a bit biased here. LOL.

I agree. It’s clearly on its way up. There’s no coming down with this one 

On 7/31/2021 at 8:57 PM, Subby1938 said:

I guess we wait and see. I’m more curious what happens now with 9.6-9.8 second and third prints

Same here. Pretty sure it will be growth, maybe not as extreme, but growth nonetheless. It is a solid fact that the majority of collectors are fully priced out of ever owning a first print, so I fully expect the second to see a good boost again in the future once another wave of nostalgia whips everyone into another frenzy

My real interest is seeing what happens with the fifth print. Maybe one day we will get an actual answer to the print run.

Hey guys, I was looking at my copy of #1 and it look like there's the Letters "W" "R" "L" in the blood spatter on the sword in the Turtles logo. In the L and the E of the "Turtles"

Am I just seeing things or is this an Easter egg or something I may not know about?

🤔

Screenshot_20210803-012545_Chrome.jpg

On 8/3/2021 at 12:32 AM, Gazoony said:

Hey guys, I was looking at my copy of #1 and it look like there's the Letters "W" "R" "L" in the blood spatter on the sword in the Turtles logo. In the L and the E of the "Turtles"

Am I just seeing things or is this an Easter egg or something I may not know about?

🤔

Screenshot_20210803-012545_Chrome.jpg

While I had noticed it before, I didn't ever ask to get an answer (thumbsu 

Will be interesting to hear from others :) 

AND congrats on 100 posts 

image.png