• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,294 posts in this topic

This is definitely going to be the next big blue chip book in my opinion. It possesses the 3 main characteristics for a blue chip: 1. low supply, 2. high demand, and 3. long-term presence in mainstream pop culture.

Watch where this book is 20 years from now and I bet it leaves the realm of affordability for the common collector.

2c

Just got this in the mail yesterday. It was a KILLER deal on ebay (I saw it from a CAF link). Basically, you hit the buy it now and you send a request for a Cerebus headsketch done in the style of the character of your choice (Spider-man, Batman, etc.). It sounded pretty strict in that it had to be Cerebus, but it works for me. My mini goal is to have a piece of OA from each artist that contributed to the original run of Mirage's TMNT and Sim did a Cerebus crossover in issue #8. I requested a Ninja Turtle style and here's what I got: Matisse, the forgotten Turtle. LOVE it! On thick Aardvark Vanaheim Inc. stationary too.

MatissebyDaveSim.jpg

What did you buy that came with the sketch?

(shrug) ...the envelope, I guess. Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270572167513#ht_2046wt_1138

Just got this in the mail yesterday. It was a KILLER deal on ebay (I saw it from a CAF link). Basically, you hit the buy it now and you send a request for a Cerebus headsketch done in the style of the character of your choice (Spider-man, Batman, etc.). It sounded pretty strict in that it had to be Cerebus, but it works for me. My mini goal is to have a piece of OA from each artist that contributed to the original run of Mirage's TMNT and Sim did a Cerebus crossover in issue #8. I requested a Ninja Turtle style and here's what I got: Matisse, the forgotten Turtle. LOVE it! On thick Aardvark Vanaheim Inc. stationary too.

MatissebyDaveSim.jpg

What did you buy that came with the sketch?

(shrug) ...the envelope, I guess. Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270572167513#ht_2046wt_1138

:o I want one

Sorry I'm late to the TMNT game, but I was wondering How much A Raw 9.8 quality copy of the 3rd print of TMNT #1 would sell for?

raw NM copies average $30 on ebay right now.

I am pleased to announce a historic change in ownership. Danny Merced and I have come to an agreement for his copy of Turtlemania Gold. As of yesterday, his copy is now my copy. It is one of 3 currently known copies of the book. While I will not discuss the details of our agreement, you can read all about the book here:

http://gogreenmachine.org/?p=3001

Edited by Archon_Turtle

:applause:

WOW

Danny is really serious about this! First the slabs and now this! Glad to see it didn't have to hit ebay and that it sold to another great TMNT collector!

Will you be getting it graded?

To be fair, Danny and I have been going back and fourth on this sale since the day HE acquired it, so it isn't as sudden as it seems.

As for grading...Probably. My silver is graded, so as long as the CGC agrees to grade it, I'll probably send it in. Though you never know what they will and won't grade when it comes to this kind of book, so here is hoping.

I am pleased to announce a historic change in ownership. Danny Merced and I have come to an agreement for his copy of Turtlemania Gold. As of yesterday, his copy is now my copy. It is one of 3 currently known copies of the book. While I will not discuss the details of our agreement, you can read all about the book here:

http://gogreenmachine.org/?p=3001

:applause:

:pullhair::o:cry:

Yes, I let this poor excuse for a TMNT collector/friend finagle this book out of my hands last night. :hi:

Joking aside, Steph has been after this for a while now (like I think about 30 seconds after I secured it - literally), and with the discovery of the other Golds recently, I can only hope that sometime down the line I can pick up another. I wasn't planning on ever selling it, but if I was going to, Steph would've been at the top of the list. I think he got lucky that I'm hungry for some new art :baiting:

Which I suppose brings me to my next point where many have questioned why the sudden slab selloff. Couple with this Gold move, one might think something was wrong (personally) or that I was leaving the hobby. But fortunately neither is the case! :acclaim: All is well, thank God. I have simply decided to focus my energies and limited budget on my true passion- early Turtles art. Now of course, after all this, you probably have high expectation of what sort of art acquistion(s) I might make - well, let's hope I don't disappoint! :wishluck:

:pullhair::o:cry:

Yes, I let this poor excuse for a TMNT collector/friend finagle this book out of my hands last night. :hi:

Joking aside, Steph has been after this for a while now (like I think about 30 seconds after I secured it - literally), and with the discovery of the other Golds recently, I can only hope that sometime down the line I can pick up another. I wasn't planning on ever selling it, but if I was going to, Steph would've been at the top of the list. I think he got lucky that I'm hungry for some new art :baiting:

Which I suppose brings me to my next point where many have questioned why the sudden slab selloff. Couple with this Gold move, one might think something was wrong (personally) or that I was leaving the hobby. But fortunately neither is the case! :acclaim: All is well, thank God. I have simply decided to focus my energies and limited budget on my true passion- early Turtles art. Now of course, after all this, you probably have high expectation of what sort of art acquistion(s) I might make - well, let's hope I don't disappoint! :wishluck:

(thumbs u

Very awesome for the both of you. Two stand up guys with amazing collections.

It's weird seeing it in someone elses hands. But I'm super pleased those hands are yours bro. Don't forget the certificate is on the backside of the board.

Oh and incase i didn't mention it, you are going to want to keep that fedex envelope for authentication purposes as that was the envelope it shipped to me from Mirage in (its got their shipping into and stuff on it)

Edited by Archon_Turtle

Awesome acquisition! A ton of great TMNT stuff has been changing hands in the last few days.

Just wanting to share a piece I picked up out of Michael Dooney's binder this weekend:

TMNTDooney-Splinter.jpg