• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,294 posts in this topic

:pullhair::o:cry:

Yes, I let this poor excuse for a TMNT collector/friend finagle this book out of my hands last night. :hi:

Joking aside, Steph has been after this for a while now (like I think about 30 seconds after I secured it - literally), and with the discovery of the other Golds recently, I can only hope that sometime down the line I can pick up another. I wasn't planning on ever selling it, but if I was going to, Steph would've been at the top of the list. I think he got lucky that I'm hungry for some new art :baiting:

Which I suppose brings me to my next point where many have questioned why the sudden slab selloff. Couple with this Gold move, one might think something was wrong (personally) or that I was leaving the hobby. But fortunately neither is the case! :acclaim: All is well, thank God. I have simply decided to focus my energies and limited budget on my true passion- early Turtles art. Now of course, after all this, you probably have high expectation of what sort of art acquistion(s) I might make - well, let's hope I don't disappoint! :wishluck:

At THIS point... I am pretty much expecting the cover art to one of the first 4 issues. :sumo:

:pullhair::o:cry:

Yes, I let this poor excuse for a TMNT collector/friend finagle this book out of my hands last night. :hi:

Joking aside, Steph has been after this for a while now (like I think about 30 seconds after I secured it - literally), and with the discovery of the other Golds recently, I can only hope that sometime down the line I can pick up another. I wasn't planning on ever selling it, but if I was going to, Steph would've been at the top of the list. I think he got lucky that I'm hungry for some new art :baiting:

Which I suppose brings me to my next point where many have questioned why the sudden slab selloff. Couple with this Gold move, one might think something was wrong (personally) or that I was leaving the hobby. But fortunately neither is the case! :acclaim: All is well, thank God. I have simply decided to focus my energies and limited budget on my true passion- early Turtles art. Now of course, after all this, you probably have high expectation of what sort of art acquistion(s) I might make - well, let's hope I don't disappoint! :wishluck:

At THIS point... I am pretty much expecting the cover art to one of the first 4 issues. :sumo:

Great expectations my boy Great Expectations

I wouldn't say anything about it until I had it in-hand. My 2c

That said, I'm still looking forward to seeing what the future holds for Danny's collection. :)

I'm betting it costs right at $4,500, right Danny?

Nope, not going after that #14 if that's what you're thinking...

I wouldn't say anything about it until I had it in-hand. My 2c

That said, I'm still looking forward to seeing what the future holds for Danny's collection. :)

Thanks man! Course now I feel a ton of pressure to "produce" here! :tonofbricks:

I think the movie is going to put the turtles back into the limelight a bit. But, besides that initial movie bump, I don't see the prices being affected that much. I think the long-term factor is changes in demographics. If people who read comics in the 80s-90s come back into the hobby, TMNT should pick up steam. Also, if some of the silver/gold collectors decide to venture into copper, I think you could see an uptick in prices. It's pretty unanimous among collectors that TMNT 1 is the most important copper book (if not most important, it's at least on everyone's copper key list).