• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,274 posts in this topic

Here's one I'm considering turning into a big multi-sig book. I've already got Laird, Eastman, & Lavigne. I've always liked this print and this is the best substitute I can find since I can't seem to find the actual print for sale anywhere.

th_TMNT%2033%20Mirage%20Print%20BC.jpgth_TMNT%2033%20Mirage%20Print.jpg

And vol 3

image.jpg2_zpspmtl1bom.jpg

So my collection is almost complete.

Vol 1 1-62 all prints variants and errors minus double covers (still debating this)

Vol 2 1-13 plus 13 reverse cover

Vol 3 1-23 plus Chicago Con variant

Vol 4 1-32 all prints

Tales Vol 1 1-7

Tales Vol 2 1-70 plus Wayne Center for the Arts variant

Solson all except the Michaelangelo "yellow" cover

Dreamwave 1-7 plus variants

Turtlemania white

Gobbledygook 2nd print

One-Shots all prints

"All I need" is Gobbledygook 1&2 and Turtlemania Silver and Gold. I think this might be. A pipe dream though hahaha.

Vol 1 1-62 all prints variants and errors minus double covers (still debating this)

Vol 4 1-32 all prints

Tales Vol 1 1-7

Turtlemania white

Gobbledygook 2nd print

One-Shots all prints

"All I need" is Gobbledygook 1&2 and Turtlemania Silver and Gold. I think this might be. A pipe dream though hahaha.

Nice! Well done. :applause: Tales Vol. II is quite an undertaking these days as is TMNT Vol. IV. Can't believe you even found some of those still around.

In case you are interested, TMNT Vol. III #9 has an error.

Good luck on the rest...I'm also still in the market for a Turtlemania Gold. I don't even know who the owners of the known copies are anymore to find out if they're interested in selling...seems some of them changed hands over the last couple of years and I lost track.

:applause:

Congratulations, Parabellum! Even missing the few you listed, this is quite a collection! Well done!

Vol 4 1-32 all prints

Tales Vol 1 1-7

Turtlemania white

Gobbledygook 2nd print

One-Shots all prints

Well done, indeed. I've got a ways to go to catch you, but currently have no intention of spending the $$$ for the pricey books. I am also not interested in Tales Vol 2 or the main IDW run. I am, however, a Ghostbusters and Batman fan, so those IDW series' are a go for me.

So just for fun, here is my own collection state :

Vol 1 1-62 (missing #1 first/second/sixth, #3 NYCC)

Vol 3 1-16, 22 (missing 17-21, 23, 24 fan edition, 25 fan edition, #1 Chicago Con)

Vol 4 1-32 (missing #29)

Tales Vol 1 1-7

Solson (missing Michaelangelo yellow cover)

Dreamwave 1-7 (missing 1B)

TMNT/Ghostbusters 1-4 (only missing Awesome Con and VA Gold variants)

TMNT/Batman 1-6 (patiently waiting for this series to start next Nov.)

Plus a variety of other turtles comics and crossovers including: Turtle Soup, Savage Dragon, Flaming Carrot, Viking Heroes, Amazing Heroes, Anything Goes, Creed, Gobbledygook 1986...

Adam, (and a belated congrats to kaholo1256 from what I gather)

That is truly an awesome copy of #2 you have!

Perfect sig/sketch placement imho for that book, a coveted white pages copy and recognized/noted by CGC from the collection of Kevin......seriously man - HELLUVA book!!

Congrats!!!

I almost didn't want to take up the task because I knew it would be painful. But I finally did it after one year. Tales of the TMNT vol 2. full run.

I have a bunch of doubles if anyone needs any help.

:applause: Congratulations

And if you are looking to let go of anything let me know as i'm willing to pick up a few.

image_zps9esqo1hb.jpg

my thread for 1-4s bombed... but my SS arrived today!

Beautiful looking set of books there! (thumbs u

Any idea what a high grade set of #2 to #4 first prints would be going for in today's marketplace since TMNT is really not part of my collecting bailiwick? ???

Just asking since I was at a local con last Sunday and the vendor had a minty fresh off the newsstand looking set of these 3 books on top of his boxes. No copy of #1 which even I know from the boards here is the book to get for the Copper Age. Vendor was really much more of a DC SA Big 5 war collector as evident from all of the long boxes on his table.

Went with my gut instinct and picked up all 3 of them since the price appeared to be reasonable in relationship to guide after we checked Overstreet. It's also just so hard for me to turn down minty fresh looking books that are now 30 years old. :cloud9:

image_zps9esqo1hb.jpg

my thread for 1-4s bombed... but my SS arrived today!

Any idea what a high grade set of #2 to #4 first prints would be going for in today's marketplace since TMNT is really not part of my collecting bailiwick? ???

Just asking since I was at a local con last Sunday and the vendor had a minty fresh off the newsstand looking set of these 3 books on top of his boxes. No copy of #1 which even I know from the boards here is the book to get for the Copper Age. Vendor was really much more of a DC SA Big 5 war collector as evident from all of the long boxes on his table.

Went with my gut instinct and picked up all 3 of them since the price appeared to be reasonable in relationship to guide after we checked Overstreet. It's also just so hard for me to turn down minty fresh looking books that are now 30 years old. :cloud9:

Thanks! I think a couple hundred each with #2 being the one to look for... High grade goes for 400 or so... I always advance search sold ebay sales to get an idea for the market! I think the magazine first prints are my favorites 1-4 I don't think I'm alone(started a thread on that topic no replies yet)... I held onto these for awhile luckily Eastman came In to town!

And vol 3

image.jpg2_zpspmtl1bom.jpg

Vol 4 1-32 all prints

Tales Vol 1 1-7

Turtlemania white

Gobbledygook 2nd print

One-Shots all prints

(worship) Why not dream. You never know. I believe one day you'll have them! I know how difficult and pricey they are, but the time will come. You've apparently gotten almost everyother turtle book. That's quite an accomplishment. It's the same thing I was doing with the toys, but eventually moved onto the books. I'll eventually get the second,third, and fourth series. Turtle Power man.

Here's a recent Eastman piece I was lucky to snatch on Ebay from a cool dude. Already framed too. Some great detail and background. It got my wife's stamp of approval, so I think I'm finally going to hang my first piece of turtle art- YAY!!!!! _12_zpszneyvtfs.jpg

Thanks! I think a couple hundred each with #2 being the one to look for... High grade goes for 400 or so... I always advance search sold ebay sales to get an idea for the market! I think the magazine first prints are my favorites 1-4 I don't think I'm alone(started a thread on that topic no replies yet)... I held onto these for awhile luckily Eastman came In to town!

I guess those must be graded prices you are talking about as opposed to raw prices.

Either way, I probably did okay in the end then as the vendor said the issue #2 was $100 and must have raised his price after I expressed interest in all 3 books as he said the cost would then be $250 for the set. This was after I had made him a slightly lower offer for the set based upon the initial $100 price for just issue #2. And this was all in Canadian dollars which trades at a 30% discount to the US greenback.

Seriously thought about turning down his counter-offer since it did not include a #1 issue as I always like to collect from the key first and then outwards from there. Changed my mind when I thought back to the uber HG run of Spidey 2 through 10 for only $1,000 which I had turned down from a very well-connected comic broker back in 1988 just prior to the awakening of the Marvel SA books from their decade long slumber. doh!

Had no intention of repeating the same mistake twice, albeit to a much lesser extent since it would appear that even early TMNT virtually exists in nothing except high grade.

*swoon*

I remember about 6 months ago when a yellow Mikey cover popped up on ebay. It had almost zero action and I was driving in my car when the final minutes of the auction hit. I tried to put in a bid and my ebay app bunked out on my phone, so someone else scooped it for an easy $15.

I've been hunting ever since...